Why become a member? ×

SOLD: EB Musicman Stingray, Black, maple fretboard

Mylkinut

I've been hanging around here for a while gassing away, but I think it's time to take the plunge and sell my Stingray. It was my dream bass but times and tastes have changed.

The bass' serial no. is E36813, dating it to mid-2003 and I've owned it since then. It comes with the original hardcase and all the candy you could want :)

It was my first 'good' bass and it's been treasured; accordingly it's in great condition. Three things need mentioning: firstly (and worstly...?) it recieved a fingernail-sized chip to the front thanks to a complex accident caused by my cat. It's between the pickguard and the chrome control plate. I had it professionally repaired by Brian Hayward in Winchester, he's done a great job of filling it in and it's not noticeable from more than a foot away. Secondly, there's a small scuff to the top edge of the bass, just where your arm rests, about 2cm long by 1cm. Again, it's not noticeable. Finally, there's a 1cm long scratch to the surface near the battery cover on the back. I've included 'warts and all' pictures of all the damage, other than that it's in perfect condition. Not bad for an eight year old bass that's been played.

The bass is now yours for [s]800 [/s][s]750 [/s][s]730 [/s][s]700 [/s][s]690 [/s]£680. The only trade I'd really consider is for a nice USA P-Bass (pref black or white).

Oh, and if you're worried about my newbieness, I've got great feedback on ebay under Mylkinut. I'm based in Southampton but I can move about a bit if needed. I'm also happy to post.

Cheers

[attachment=81919:P1010182.JPG]

[attachment=81920:P1010191.JPG]

[attachment=81921:P1010192.JPG]

[attachment=81924:P1010195.JPG]

[attachment=81925:P1010198.JPG]

Edited by Mylkinut

Ah, let me enlighten you :) I'll send you a PM now, it'll show up in your messages section (at the top-right of the page there's a 'new messages' button). We can message each other that way, it's just nicer to keep negotations private I find :)

• 3 weeks later...

The bass is for sale again - £750 ono. I may take a newish black/black/maple USA P-Bass in good condition as a trade, but would have to think about it (unless you want to send a tiny amount of money my way, I know it's petty but money's tight :) )

[quote name='Mylkinut' post='1294747' date='Jul 6 2011, 01:59 PM']The bass is for sale again - £750 ono. I may take a newish black/black/maple USA P-Bass in good condition as a trade, but would have to think about it (unless you want to send a tiny amount of money my way, I know it's petty but money's tight :) )[/quote]

I'll now also take a Jap P-Bass (must be maple necked!) with money my way.

Just had a deal fall through at the last minute (but it happened with good reason).

As a result you lucky gentlemen have a price drop, now yours for £700. Very much after a newish black/maple USA P-Bass as a trade.