Why become a member? ×

FEELER Jaydee S1

Enzo

This is just a FEELER for my ’97 Jaydee S1
In excellent to near mint conditions, this JD is an exact copy of the Mark King’s #003, the one that he still owns, including the custom rosewood Vol/Tone knobs and the brass roller nut ( original brass knobs included too ).
What makes the bass even more unique is that mounts the pick/ups that were originally mounted on MK bass up until the mid ‘80s and there’s a written certification from John D. himself that confirms it.
The bass had a major refurb around 4 years ago, performed by John D.
This included:
- sanded and re-sprayed,
- re-wired electronic,
- new pots,
- bridge and anchor polished and clear lacquered
- fret dressed
- head re-laminated
(The pick-ups were left untouched)

As far as I know the body of this bass is the original vintage shape which is slightly thinner than current production and it makes it particularly nice to strap on. The balance is amazing too and is, needless to say, a killer slap machine.
It comes with a mint conditions Hiscox case. Shipping ideally would be best within US but overseas will be considered as well, the shipping will be paid by the buyer though.
Brand new this bass would cost above GBP2400 not including the custom wood knobs and the fact that has those fantastic pick/ups on it which value is given by how much you love “that” particular signature sound that made MK famous in the hey days.

Did I mention that a brand new would probably have a delivery time of almost 2 years?
...and last, the backplate has been kindly signed by the man last July in NYC.
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES...

[attachment=81786:IMG_1348.JPG][attachment=81787:IMG_1346.jpg][attachment=81788:IMG_1349.JPG]
[attachment=81790:IMG_1350.JPG][attachment=81791:IMG_1352.JPG][attachment=81789:IMG_1347.JPG]
[attachment=81792:IMG_1351.JPG][attachment=81795:JDfull.jpg]

Price is a firm $3600 ( ca GBP2200 ) + shipping.

Edited by Enzo

OH HELP ME JEBUS! I think this used to be mine. I sold it to a guy called Thom (who owns the 1st Jaydee bass made, but that's another story). I only found out about the Mark King pickups much, much later. I could have charged much more if I'd have known! It was black when I got it, but it looks much nicer now. This was 'THE' bass that I regretted selling. I'm still kicking myself (in the head) over it now. I vowed never to sell another bass, and so far I haven't.

Have a free bump for a beautiful bass and good luck with the sale.

[quote name='gareth_william_crossland' post='1256814' date='Jun 4 2011, 02:52 PM']OH HELP ME JEBUS! I think this used to be mine. I sold it to a guy called Thom (who owns the 1st Jaydee bass made, but that's another story). I only found out about the Mark King pickups much, much later. I could have charged much more if I'd have known! It was black when I got it, but it looks much nicer now. This was 'THE' bass that I regretted selling. I'm still kicking myself (in the head) over it now. I vowed never to sell another bass, and so far I haven't.

Have a free bump for a beautiful bass and good luck with the sale.[/quote]
Yes Gareth, you're absolutely correct. This use to be black and belonged to Thom. Re the pick-ups, originally they were mounted wrong too, basically switched front to back, so you probably did not enjoy the the same sound I can hear now. John D. during the refurb noticed that ( he didn't mounted them originally ) and corrected the position. According to the owner at the time, John commented how good they sounded saying it was like a jump in the '80s.
Thanks for the wishes,................ I will probably regret selling it one day too. :)

[quote name='Enzo' post='1256981' date='Jun 4 2011, 11:50 PM']I will probably regret selling it one day too. :)[/quote]

YOU WILL! YOU WILL! OH, WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?!

If I had a couple of grand spare I'd have been on a plane as soon as you posted this and would probably be banging on your door right about now! Someone in the UK should buy and keep it until I've got enough cash to buy it! :)