Why become a member? ×

SX basses

kevbass

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I would like to join the sx owners club, I too would like to buy one and mod it a fair bit for fun, and they look pretty decent, can anyone link me to a place that sells them? Also, as far as changing the scratchplate on them do standard mexican plates fit? or would I have to have a custom made?

Thanks

[quote name='kevbass' post='144131' date='Feb 21 2008, 01:53 AM']Actually dont worry I just found a supplier, they have some seriously nice looking basses, I think Im going to get a seafoam green jazz and throw some new pups and a bad ass on it and a white p bass and do the same[/quote]

Wonder which supplier that is ?

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='144586' date='Feb 21 2008, 06:24 PM']Hi there,

Gamlins in Cardiff were selling SX starter packs for jazz basses (burst with tort shell). Price was pretty low too.[/quote]
I've had advice from a few people (OldGit being one) that the basses in the starter packs are significantly less quality than the basses on their own. Just my two penneth.

I have heard rumours along the lines of thunderthumbs that the SX "Starter pack" basses are not quite as good as the standalones but still better than similar competitors packs. In Ireland you can get SX's in Waltons in Dublin and I believe they sell on the web which may be good for you people from across the pond to consider as sterling is so strong at the moment against the Euro.

www.waltons.ie

[quote name='Low End' post='145307' date='Feb 22 2008, 08:29 PM']I have heard rumours along the lines of thunderthumbs that the SX "Starter pack" basses are not quite as good as the standalones but still better than similar competitors packs. In Ireland you can get SX's in Waltons in Dublin and I believe they sell on the web which may be good for you people from across the pond to consider as sterling is so strong at the moment against the Euro.

www.waltons.ie[/quote]
+1for me.I would much prefer to import from Eire than the USA.I saw a jazz sx on my last trip to Dublin.Very pretty bass.

Hi, would like some input here. Looking for a new backup bass and decided its either between the SX SJB-62QMD ( [url="http://www.rondomusic.com/product1579.html)"]http://www.rondomusic.com/product1579.html)[/url] and put an SX maple neck with maple fretboard on it.

OR get a second hand squier vintage modified jazz.

what would people advise to which is the better quality bass?

thanks very much, Nick