Why become a member? ×

EBS Session 60 combo owners - Opinions?

ConnorHamilton

Hey guys,

Looking for a combo in the 40-100 watt range for around 200 quid! I have always loved the tone of my mates TD650! How do these little baby's line up next to the big boys tone wise! This is just for noodling in the front room and for the occasional drunken jam night with a gui***ist (boo hiss!)

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Connor

Edited by ConnorHamilton

[quote name='ConnorHamilton' post='1252139' date='May 31 2011, 10:27 PM']Hey guys,

Looking for a combo in the 40-100 watt range for around 200 quid! I have always loved the tone of my mates TD650! How do these little baby's line up next to the big boys tone wise! This is just for noodling in the front room and for the occasional drunken jam night with a gui***ist (boo hiss!)

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Connor[/quote]

Hey Connor,
Hope you're well mate!

I think Shep (Pantherairsoft) had one of these for a while, might be worth dropping him a PM on the subject.
From what I recall, he was very happy with it, just a little too quiet for his purposes, but seeing as you're not wanting to play gigs with it I'm sure you'd get on just fine.

Cheers,
Eude

I did indeed have one for a while.

First and most importantly... This still remains the best all round combo for the money I've ever tried.

It's relatively light, has enough useful tone options to make it a good buy, the tilt back is lovely for small gigs, it handles a low B and has enough volume for rehearsal or small accoustic gigs.

I god rid of mine as I needed to play with a drummer (be in a quiet one) but without PA support, and at the end of the day you need more power and a bigger (or more of) speaker for that. If I needed a combo with a great tone for jamming and playing at home then I wouldn't spend any more as this is perfect.

Its worth noting though, that it does not sound like a TD650! If it did, we'd all have one!