Why become a member? ×

Technique help

gothpugs

i've been playing for about a month now, and got some basic intro's and scales, but i'm having trouble with speed.
I'm into metal and got some song's that are pretty simple but i just can't play them quick enough, i can play them slow but when i try for full speed i can't pluck fast enough. i've been playing fingered bass from the beginning, never with a plectrum, any tips on how to help speed up my playing \accuracy at speed?

PLay as fast as you can (not as fast as you can't) and increase the speed incrementally. There is no quick way to develop that kind of speed. Just stick with it and grow. If you have only been playing a short while, you need to be patient. It will come.

when i started playing bass again after a on/off break of 12 years thought i would have a go at hysteria. took me a year and half to get my fingers to work at the right speed but well worth it as our singer thinks i'm awesome (his facebook quote) just because i can play it. so as bilbo says be patient it will come