Why become a member? ×

For sale - G & L Tribute L2500 & Hiscox case - NOW SOLD

slingo

OK I've finally decided to bite the bullet and part with my gorgeous G & L :) as sadly I don't play anymore so it needs rehoming :)

Its finished in a tasteful blueburst which I was told isn't one of the colours they do regular production runs of (as there's a greater demand for natural & sunburst finishes) and the standard build is with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard but I personally think it looks better with a maple fretboard as the headstock is maple, so I specified this when I ordered it, so I had to wait six months for it! So in away, it's kind of a custom build and it's in MINT condition.

As for the sound, it's just gorgeous and has a wide variety of sounds due to the ability to switch and split the pickups (which incidentally are the same ones used in the more expensive American G & L's). You can go from a plaster-loosening full-fat low B to a super slap-happy toppy funk sound.

You can find a review of it here:-

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/tribute-by-gl/may-04/668"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/tribute-by-gl/may-04/668[/url]

I'm also including a Hiscox Liteflight hard case in the sale and I will chuck in a set of Elite strings as I won't need them anymore.

I would prefer collection only (or possibly meeting up somewhere) rather than posting.

PRICE £450 for the lot.

Edited by slingo

Why does it have to be in that absolutely fantastic finish WITH the maple fingerboard!?
:-( Too beautiful!!!
When I was lookin for one of these a year ago, couldn't find this combination anywhere. I'm no longer in need (but still want) and here one appears.

Bumping this for sheer epicness!!! Not only will your notes sound fantastic on this, but the finish will be the envy of all!

[quote name='Kongo' post='1253388' date='Jun 2 2011, 12:36 AM']Why does it have to be in that absolutely fantastic finish WITH the maple fingerboard!?
:-( Too beautiful!!!
When I was lookin for one of these a year ago, couldn't find this combination anywhere. I'm no longer in need (but still want) and here one appears.

Bumping this for sheer epicness!!! Not only will your notes sound fantastic on this, but the finish will be the envy of all![/quote]

So are you going to buy it then? You know it makes sense! ;-)

[quote name='Shawman' post='1254028' date='Jun 2 2011, 02:32 PM']stunner!

interested in trades at all?[/quote]

No sorry -my playing days are over so no sense trading (why would I swap such a gorgeous bass for another?) just need it to go a new loving home :)

[quote name='slingo' post='1254496' date='Jun 2 2011, 07:59 PM']No sorry -my playing days are over so no sense trading (why would I swap such a gorgeous bass for another?) just need it to go a new loving home :)[/quote]

yeah, probably shuld have read the OP properly :lol:

sorry dude, all the best with the sale, i'm sure this won;t be here long :)

[quote name='slingo' post='1253643' date='Jun 2 2011, 10:16 AM']So are you going to buy it then? You know it makes sense! ;-)[/quote]

Nah man, trying to shed a load of 5-string basses as it is haha! I really wanted one of these before but then I got paired with my TRB 6-string and I ain't looked back since.
Someone should though, hot damn man that finish as well as the sheer tone!

[quote name='Kongo' post='1254935' date='Jun 3 2011, 01:29 AM']Nah man, trying to shed a load of 5-string basses as it is haha! I really wanted one of these before but then I got paired with my TRB 6-string and I ain't looked back since.
Someone should though, hot damn man that finish as well as the sheer tone![/quote]

I know what you mean - I had a TRB5 fretless (series 1) in high black gloss - it was gorgeous but sold it two years ago.

[quote name='slingo' post='1250256' date='May 30 2011, 01:37 PM']OK I've finally decided to bite the bullet and part with my gorgeous G & L :) as sadly I don't play anymore so it needs rehoming :)

Its finished in a tasteful blueburst which I was told isn't one of the colours they do regular production runs of (as there's a greater demand for natural & sunburst finishes) and the standard build is with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard but I personally think it looks better with a maple fretboard as the headstock is maple, so I specified this when I ordered it, so I had to wait six months for it! So in away, it's kind of a custom build and it's in MINT condition.

As for the sound, it's just gorgeous and has a wide variety of sounds due to the ability to switch and split the pickups (which incidentally are the same ones used in the more expensive American G & L's). You can go from a plaster-loosening full-fat low B to a super slap-happy toppy funk sound.

You can find a review of it here:-

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/tribute-by-gl/may-04/668"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/tribute-by-gl/may-04/668[/url]

I'm also including a Hiscox Liteflight hard case in the sale and I will chuck in a set of Elite strings as I won't need them anymore.

I would prefer collection only (or possibly meeting up somewhere) rather than posting.

PRICE £450 for the lot.[/quote]

Thanks for all your comments folks I'm happy /sad to say it's now gone to a new loving home and the best part is its staying in the good old North West hehehe.

Hope you all find what you're looking for on here.

Best wishes

Slingo