Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

EKO K2 Bass Pedals (NOW SOLD TO DAVE)

I got this when I was getting involved in a 'Prog Rock' project. That project has come to an end, and it is time to move this on. The 8 string bass will probably follow:)

They are EKO K2 bass pedals from, I would guess, around the 1970's. If you look in You-tube there is a video of the K3, which has a longer 'keyboard'. Trust me one octave, and one note at a time, is more that enough:)

They have been well used but function properly, and when I got them I replaced all the foot-switches, and put chicken head knobs on, as they are easier to read when standing up. If this was a bass it wold be described as having 'mojo' :)

Reading the control panel from left to right and top to bottom.

[attachment=81125:ekopedals.JPG]

Logo and model name
Knobs for Tuning, Sustain & Percussion. A (slightly temperamental - I keep it on) On\Off switch and powerlight
16',8' & 4' switches, and indicator lights (You can select all footages at the same time)
Sustain on/off. When on, the knob above operates, when off, it decays quickly.
Percussion switched for Guitar & Bass. These do something with the attack - but is quite subtle.
Volume control

It then just plugs into an amp or PA (no midi). On its own it sound big, deep and smooth, and can do 'Hammond -style' bass very well.

I used it with a multiFX box and a microsynth to give it movement, and some 'Moog-ness'. Through a PA it sounds immense; it is great to set up a 'drone' with your feet then play over the top of that with your hands. A Moog Taurus 'homage' for next to nothing;)

My preference would be collection (in Kent), as it is large (25"wide, 21" deep (front to back) and 7" tall). That said, we can probably sort something else out, depending where you are and if you cover the costs.

Shaker

Edited by Shaker