Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Genz Benz Shuttle STL6.0-12T 1x12" Combo

mikek

*SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD*

Hi. I'm reluctantly selling this virtually unused and 'as new' combo. It's around 1 year old. I bought it to replace my old (heavy) Peavey MkVI + 1x15" + 2x10" set-up with the intention of doing small pub/club gigs, but I ended up accepting a job offer in Hong Kong and leaving the band, so it's been sitting in my parents' house. Since buying it I've only been in the UK for a few short visits and it has never been gigged or rehearsed. I've used it in the house 3 or 4 times only, and when I've turned the volume up it seems very loud indeed!

I'm going back to Hong Kong again so unfortunately (for me, not you!) there really seems no point keeping it. It cost me £950 last year and now I see that Bass Direct are offering them at £1019.

I'm only looking for £600 (*NOW REDUCED FROM £650!!!*). I think this is a very reasonable asking price and it's a great saving on a brand new one.

I live at Crystal Palace in South London. This is the first time I've tried selling on Basschat but rest assured this is a genuine bargain.

Cheers, Mike

*SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD*

Edited by mikek

[quote name='mikek' post='1242506' date='May 24 2011, 12:35 AM']Hi. I'm reluctantly selling this virtually unused and 'as new' combo. It's around 1 year old. I bought it to replace my old (heavy) Peavey MkVI + 1x15" + 2x10" set-up with the intention of doing small pub/club gigs, but I ended up accepting a job offer in Hong Kong and leaving the band, so it's been sitting in my parents' house. Since buying it I've only been in the UK for a few short visits and it has never been gigged or rehearsed. I've used it in the house 3 or 4 times only, and when I've turned the volume up it seems very loud indeed!

I'm going back to Hong Kong again so unfortunately (for me, not you!) there really seems no point keeping it. It cost me £950 last year and now I see that Bass Direct are offering them at £1019.

I'm only looking for £650 (yes, only £650), but no offers or part-exchanges please. I think this is a very reasonable asking price and it's a great saving on a brand new one. I'm also not interested in splitting the head/cab so don't bother asking!

I live at Crystal Palace in South London. This is the first time I've tried selling on Basschat but rest assured this is a genuine bargain. I'm also new to PM-ing but I'll try my best - have patience!

Cheers, Mike[/quote]

I'm interested in this. I'll be in touch via Pm.

Steve

That is a good price for the whole combo right there and I would love to buy the whole thing to give me a spare shuttle 6.0 head. Im after a 1x12 cab to go with my shuttle for smaller gigs instead of using my 2x12T but the pot isnt quite full enough yet to take it all right now although if someone else wanted to come in on a deal with me plus a bit for your trouble for splitting them up I would love to take the cab. Bit of a dragons den type deal I know but there you go :) Im not sure what the combo cabs would cost new though or if they are available seperate anyway?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1248946' date='May 29 2011, 09:51 AM']That is a good price for the whole combo right there and I would love to buy the whole thing to give me a spare shuttle 6.0 head. Im after a 1x12 cab to go with my shuttle for smaller gigs instead of using my 2x12T but the pot isnt quite full enough yet to take it all right now although if someone else wanted to come in on a deal with me plus a bit for your trouble for splitting them up I would love to take the cab. Bit of a dragons den type deal I know but there you go :) Im not sure what the combo cabs would cost new though or if they are available seperate anyway?[/quote]

The Shuttle 12T extension cab is available from Bass Direct for £519 although this comes with a strap handle without the brackets for housing the Shuttle head. I'm pretty sure you can't buy the brackets, or the cab with brackets, alone. I'm not really too keen on splitting the head/cab but I guess I could be persuaded, in which case I'd be asking £425 for the head and £225 for the cab. Otherwise £600 for both.

Im not too worried about the mounting thing either way really as I dont have one on the big 2x12 although the seperate Neox 1x12T is a wider cab than yours which would look great under my 2x12! The 2x12T is an awesome cab but for practice in someones house or even small/acoustic style gigs its just too loud even on the lowest setting possible on the amp. If I had a 1x12 8 ohm it would reduce the amp to 375W meening [i]hopefully[/i] I could push the amp a bit more without the volume getting silly. If you can sell the head seperate or are prepared to split them up I will 100% take it, I wish I could fund the lot but Its not been long since I bought the Ray 5 so I need to build up some brownie points with the wife first! Ironically my head came from a 1x12T Combo as it was the only one in stock at Bassdirect at the time.

So anyone want to come in with me here? :)

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1250622' date='May 30 2011, 06:48 PM']If the deal goes off and you're willing to ship to Portugal i have a friend who will take both head and cab together :)

Cheers[/quote]

Hi Ghost!

The head has already been paid for and shipped I'm afraid. The cab is awaiting collection.

Thanks for the interest anyway.

Cheers, Mike

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1255660' date='Jun 3 2011, 04:24 PM']Hi Mike

My friend has just bought a head. Have you sold your cab? If not can you PM me a price with shipping to Portugal? I don't know the zip code but it's in Lisbon.

Cheers[/quote]

Hi Ghost,

The cab has just been collected by the lucky StingrayPete. Sorry!

Mike

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1256732' date='Jun 4 2011, 06:53 PM']Thanks Mike it sounds just the ticket so far, Another good BC deal. :)[/quote]

You're very welcome Pete, and thanks for the feedback. Top bloke and trusted buyer!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1257506' date='Jun 5 2011, 05:29 PM']If you dont mind I will pinch this thread to start my own feedback thread as I havent got one. Not that I need any excuses to buy more gear, Im all done for years now honest :)[/quote]

What about that spare Shuttle you said you needed eh? Better edit that :) to a :lol: !