Why become a member? ×

Kubicki Ex Factor #1659, £700 ***SOLD***

Chris2112

[quote name='Conan' post='1263036' date='Jun 9 2011, 06:25 PM']Could you not sell the leather sofa instead? :)[/quote]

Something about 'needing somewhere to sit'. "When was the last time the front room seated four people", I asked. Those two chairs are mainly used for propping up my basses in photographs!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1246148' date='May 26 2011, 07:50 PM']Bump for a "anyone got a nice fretless handy?"[/quote]

My Fingerbone Fretless, a one-off built by Geoff Mason, bought from M&M Music in Southampton in '93......

Geoff Mason's tale of this bass...

'I put together a number of Fingerbone guitars and bass's in the early and mid 90's.
One bass had a fretless neck, it was a Westone neck with the end modified to get rid of the signature Westone shape.
The pickups were originally made by Kent Armstrong (himself) and were cast into a black resin, for this bass I used standard bass pickups in and outer casing of MDF toped off with very thin ply and stained Walnut-ish.
It was a great bass, but being a guitarist not a bassist, I swopped it for a Gordon Smith that I saw in a shop in Southampton around about 1993.

It'll be for sale eventually...stunningly good to play and hear

This is currently for sale for £700 with a hardcase. I can post the bass if needed. The reason for this is to fund buying another bass that has arrived on the boards, so while it's available I'll sell it at this low price. I may accept an offer too, you never know!

Chris

That is a very good price for that bass, someone should snap it soon.
My Kubicki weighed 5kg on luggage scale like that one [url="http://www.luggage-scales.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/luggage-scale.jpg"]http://www.luggage-scales.net/wp-content/u...ggage-scale.jpg[/url]
Hope that helps and good luck with the sale.

I expect it will be somewhere like that. I don't own a pair of scales, so I'll need to get the bass over to my girlfriend's house to weigh it, likely after this set of nightshifts I'm on. I expect their weight is fairly uniform though, this one doesn't feel any heavier or lighter than the other one I had.