Why become a member? ×

Status Groove bass project

I got this as off the forum about a month ago. It had plenty of cracks, bashes and other damage to the laquer and also to the finish on the neck and dints to the headstock.

Since then ive done the donkey work and completely stripped down the body to the wood and given it a sanding (although it will need some more before its refinished) and ive also took the thin laquer type finish off the neck - this needs to be sanded. ive took the Status decal off the front of the headstock too with a view to reapplying a fresh one that i was going to have a friend in the sign writing/printing business make up (i could ask him to do this for a potential buyer?) my idea was going to be an olympic white finish to the body and have the front of the headstock matching (thought that would look nice too with the red status decal on it). if im honest ive stripped it down and sanded it and i cant really be bothered to do any more as im struggling to find the time (and effort!)

The electronics are all original and intact. also will be easy to refit as only the battery holder wires need to be fed through the body and soldered on (i will label them up to there they need to go) so just two wires need soldering.

Another point is the scratch plate, i put it in the worst place i could have - on the floor but if was leant on something else. this didnt react well to me standing on it, ive snapped the point off. i did plan to replace it anyway with a tort plate (nice on the white) and i was going to use a different shape too. I can send the old one out if wanted then it could be used as a template?

Ive got all the original hardware too - bridge, machine heads etc

Heres some pics of it in its current state

Anyway this owes me about £180 but i got it as a playable bass so not really expecting that, how does £120 with postage sound?

Cheers

Rob

Edited by rob_89

[quote name='rob_89' post='1236151' date='May 18 2011, 07:15 PM'].... how does £120 with postage sound?...[/quote]
As this is posed as a question, I'm almost tempted to answer.... but rules is rules :)

This is Merton's old Groove right?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1236366' date='May 18 2011, 09:49 PM']As this is posed as a question, I'm almost tempted to answer.... but rules is rules :)

This is Merton's old Groove right?[/quote]

I think it is yeh, used to be sunburst! I took in as a trade off the buyer, started it then got a bit fed up and bought an expensive Sandberg instead :)