Why become a member? ×

pickup buzzing

Kev

could it be because only one 9v battery appears to be powering both the aguilar and the emg's?? just occured to me, but i shouldnt see why as long as the battery is fresh, which it is

[quote name='BassManKev' post='143417' date='Feb 19 2008, 10:08 PM']its any note on e string, at extreme boosts on the preamp, in can happen on all string[/quote]

[quote name='BassManKev' post='149568' date='Mar 1 2008, 07:02 PM']reason i dont think its the preamp is that i aint askin much of it at all, i have the treble/bass practically flat, and the p pickup volume 3/4 and the jazz 1/3, that shouldnt overload any preamp[/quote]

So it's happening all the time now? Originally you just said "at extreme boosts"...

Certainly not an easy one to explain if it's all the time. Does it happen when you cut the bass control?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='149570' date='Mar 1 2008, 07:05 PM']could it be because only one 9v battery appears to be powering both the aguilar and the emg's?? just occured to me, but i shouldnt see why as long as the battery is fresh, which it is[/quote]

shouldnt there be one battery for each?

a picture of the wiring would really help

[quote name='BassManKev' post='149600' date='Mar 1 2008, 08:01 PM']i never said that, i said when i attacked the e string hard it always happened, and at extreme boosts effected ALL strings[/quote]
Sorry, mis-interpretation! :)

• 2 weeks later...