Why become a member? ×

Well i was in the shop trying out various basses while my wife was off shoppping

sk8

When she came back in a was playing a MIA P bass (S-1 Switching) and she commneted that she really like the maple neck.

Well i think i will have ot buy a 2008 American Standard with a maple neck as soon as i can get the money together!

Edited by sk8

Pick up a 2005-7 S1 Precision and save yourself a couple hundred £ - IMHO the new standards don't look like such a leap forward, if you want something P like and better get a Glaub :ph34r: . The S1 ain't as bad as all that - if it bothers you that much just change the pot, or like I do leave it switched out. Just because it's there it doesn't mean you have to use it.

[quote name='sk8' post='142466' date='Feb 18 2008, 02:10 PM']i've seen them for £750 and i'm sure they will drop again[/quote]

where's that? Is that for the NEW american series or the old one with the s1 switching system? I've seen the S1 for about £650 somewhere...