Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT: Marcus Miller Signature Jazz Bass

Thor

I've decided to offer this for sale, I acquired the bass from a fellow basschatter last August but I just haven't fallen in love with it as I expected I would. It's the first Jazz I've had with a Maple neck and believe that this is the reason, I just cannot get the same warmth/tone as my main gig bass (standard USA Jazz with RW neck).

This plays like an absolute dream, I have started a number of gigs with it but always seem to end up playing my Standard!!?

It has a really nice low action, and plays great.

It's strung with DR Marcus Miller Low beam strings.

It's in very good condition - has some light fingernail swirls on the scratchplate but otherwise unmarked.

Any questions, I'll do my best to answer as quickly as possible - work permitting!

Thanks for looking,

Pete

Looking for £650 OVNO.

Edited by Thor

As it's such a lovely day I thought I'd take some more pics to see if I can whet your appetite some more :D

Whilst giving this a clean today I had a really good look for any marks/abrasions etc and there are none whatsoever - not even a hint of any buckle rash - it really is in excellent condition! :)

As I mentioned at the top of this thread the only marks evident are some fingernail swirls on the pickguard - an easy fix if you thought it really mattered - I've tried to photograph these but think I got more fluffy clouds than anything else! :)

Anyway here's the pics - enjoy!

The spotty slippers are my daughter's by the way - not mine! :lol:

I would consider trades for another Fender Jazz preferably or possibly another Precision, I'm definitely a Fender Man and just love the snarl of a good Jazz Bass.

Thanks for the kind words guys - it really is a steal regarding price - which I won't be reducing. I'm really in no hurry to offload this - whilst it's no longer for me, it's still easy on the eye!

I've been out at a guitar shop today and tried out a Roadworn Jazz - absolutely lovely to play, great action and a lovely rich warm tone to boot, so I reckon I'll stash some dough and get one of those, if this sells then it should all happen a bit quicker - unless someone out there fancies a trade? :)

Edited by Thor

Hi All, I'm bumping this for the last time as I've decided to leave this on the Forum for one more week then it'll be off to the Gallery for a commission based sale, having spoken to Alex he reckons he can acheive £950 (which less their commission leaves me a nice fund towards a Roadworn Jazz) - If anyone has a nice USA Jazz in black with Rosewood fingerboard and would like to trade please PM me. As you can see from the price (which is [b]VERY[/b] keenly priced) this Marcus Miller represents an absolute bargain.

That is All :)

• 4 weeks later...