Why become a member? ×

SX Scorpion Cool Black Jazz bass £55 BIN!

OldGit

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330212151204&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]SX Scorpion All black Jazz Bass[/url]

Not the classic SX Jazz (coff coff) but pretty good anyway and outstanding at £55 ... got a goth bass playing kid?
Drop in some good Pups and it's cracker ...

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='setekh' post='140728' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:46 PM']let's see if he's willing to ship it to me :)[/quote]

Hummmmmmm You may be better off getting one from Rondo - Cheaper purchase price (99 dollars) and I bet the shipping's not a lot more ..
He only has lefties at the mo but his stock changes all the time

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='142884' date='Feb 19 2008, 08:45 AM']That's a friend of mine selling that, sold and bought things from him before too, so it should be decent.[/quote]

It's arrived and isn't in bad condition for the price. Weirdest way I've ever seen of packing a bass - he stuck the label onto the gigbag, and taped a bit of bubble wrap around the headstock :)

Surprisingly its fine - neck feels similar to an SX 62 Jazz, but slightly more closed...will do for leaving at work...

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='146494' date='Feb 25 2008, 12:23 PM']It's arrived and isn't in bad condition for the price. Weirdest way I've ever seen of packing a bass - he stuck the label onto the gigbag, and taped a bit of bubble wrap around the headstock :)

Surprisingly its fine - neck feels similar to an SX 62 Jazz, but slightly more closed...will do for leaving at work...[/quote]

And sent it Parcel Post? Wow, risky.....

You get to play at work?

So does it sound like an ordinary SX jazz?

[quote name='OldGit' post='146520' date='Feb 25 2008, 12:51 PM']And sent it Parcel Post? Wow, risky.....

You get to play at work?

So does it sound like an ordinary SX jazz?[/quote]

Yup Parcel Post...erm think the £20 postage was a little steep :)

Yeah I can play for as long as I want (usually play for about an hour/hour and a half - bass playing is just a bit of fun). I could probably play for about 5 hours a day at work if I wanted - the clue is in my username, if you want to know what I do :huh:

Don't know how it sounds - my 15month old toddler has already tried smearing it with Apricot jam.

I have NEVER seen such a dry fretboard - fed/cleaned it with some lemon oil and its looking a lot better. The strings look orginal too (practically unplayed).

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='OldGit' post='146575' date='Feb 25 2008, 01:49 PM']er Ear, Mush and Throat surgeon? Egg, Mushroom and Tomato sandwich maker? Early Music Technician? Electronic Music Tutor?[/quote]

Emergency Medical Technician...none the wiser? Think Paramedic but with only 8 drugs...

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='146576' date='Feb 25 2008, 01:51 PM']Emergency Medical Technician...none the wiser? Think Paramedic but with only 8 drugs...[/quote]

Ah ... TLAs eh?
Cooool.
I learned the rudiments of sax on night shift in a loud environment :) Saved annoying the neighbours ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='146609' date='Feb 25 2008, 02:37 PM']Ah ... TLAs eh?
Cooool.
I learned the rudiments of sax on night shift in a loud environment :) Saved annoying the neighbours ...[/quote]

TLA?? Do you mean LAS?

Anyways I'm in YAS

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='146632' date='Feb 25 2008, 03:04 PM']hahaha that's quite funny, then :)

The back of the neck is glossy black - bit unusual TBH (there's another one :huh:)[/quote]

ha ha .. You've had SX basses before then? I've taken a little 800 grit to mine to take that sticky yuk feeling away ... Works fiine on teh normal finish ..