Why become a member? ×

Badass II saddle screws?

Ross

Well in the god knows how many years I've played this bass I've never properly set it up, it was kind of an ok setup when I got it.
Today I finally got the right allen keys for the job and went at it, only to discover the previous owner had stripped the heads of the first 3 height adjustment screws.

Now, any ideas good BC'ers where I can buy some spares?

[quote name='Ross' post='1218419' date='May 3 2011, 10:59 AM']Well in the god knows how many years I've played this bass I've never properly set it up, it was kind of an ok setup when I got it.
Today I finally got the right allen keys for the job and went at it, only to discover the previous owner had stripped the heads of the first 3 height adjustment screws.

Now, any ideas good BC'ers where I can buy some spares?[/quote]

I may have some.

Sit tight. :)

Flateric, I would be very grateful if you did and of course I'd be able to put a few quid your way, cheers bud :)

No idea how it would have happened, it bridge itself is a little rusty in places so possibly the previous owner stripped the heads trying to adjust siezed/ rusted screws. I've managed to get them out with a set of pliers but this is impossible to do under tension so setting it up isn't practical using pliers.

Oh don't get me wrong, this bass is a can of worms. Neck pickup is on it's last legs, most of the hardware at least a little rusty, the wiring isn't original fender as far as I can tell, needs a new jack socket etc. Clearly the previous owner didn't care for it a great deal (surprising as I bought it off a member here many moons ago). Only when I stopped to look at it have I realised the extent of it.

I'm just happy to be playing again truth be told, it's no big thing, I was planning on new pickups anyway and it's nothing a few screws and a bit of metal polish won't fix up.

Edited by Ross

it would be useful if anyone knows where you can get the same screws actually...

I've been looking for a set for ages, but never really committed in case i got the wrong ones,
As a result i've just had my Badass II sitting around not on a bass, which is a shame.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1304926358' post='1224770']
Got some on order - may be about a week.[/quote]
[quote name='phuze' timestamp='1342535142' post='1736726']
I'm now in the market for some of these - any suggestions?
[/quote]

I'm after a set of these now too. Not the short, narrow grub screws for adjusting the height of the action; but the long ones with springs around them for setting intonation.

Some careless bugger allowed the ones on my new Geddy Lee J to get horribly rusty! :P

Has anyone tried contacting BadAss (Leo Quan) direct in search of various spares? Is it even possible to do so? A quick Google search gives no contact details for the company... :(

Edited by Conan

Just
[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1398613959' post='2435730']
I'm after a set of these now too. Not the short, narrow grub screws for adjusting the height of the action; but the long ones with springs around them for setting intonation.

Some careless bugger allowed the ones on my new Geddy Lee J to get horribly rusty! :P

Has anyone tried contacting BadAss (Leo Quan) direct in search of various spares? Is it even possible to do so? A quick Google search gives no contact details for the company... :(
[/quote]

Just spotted this.

As before, I'm sure I can help.

Let me know what you want.

Cheers. ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1398613959' post='2435730']
[/quote]

Or, failng the above, can anyone suggest an effective method of removing rust from such screws? :)