Why become a member? ×

1983 Wal - 1240 GBP!!

BB3000S

Two weeks ago, this bass was listed on Yakaz (whatever that is) as being in Sale, Manchester M33.

The wording is also decidedly dicey - [i] I am happy to answer any questions regarding the auction [/i]- which implies that the description was lifted from an eBay listing.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1213678' date='Apr 28 2011, 12:46 PM']Two weeks ago, this bass was listed on Yakaz (whatever that is) as being in Sale, Manchester M33.

The wording is also decidedly dicey - [i] I am happy to answer any questions regarding the auction [/i]- which implies that the description was lifted from an eBay listing.[/quote]
Ah, thought it sounded too good to be true.
Oh well...

I emailed them.

I just had this reply.

Hi, I`m very sorry because i cannot reply so soon, but i was out of my
town with my father,because is very sick and i must to stay with him.
i`m based in Lerwick, if you are still interested ,let me know

Thx,

Strange phrasing :).

I've relied that I'm sorry to hear about her Father. But what a coincidence because I live in Lerwick too, so can I call around and try the bass LOL.

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1216699' date='May 1 2011, 05:27 PM']I emailed them.

I just had this reply.

Hi, I`m very sorry because i cannot reply so soon, but i was out of my
town with my father,because is very sick and i must to stay with him.
i`m based in Lerwick, if you are still interested ,let me know

Thx,

Strange phrasing :).

I've relied that I'm sorry to hear about her Father. But what a coincidence because I live in Lerwick too, so can I call around and try the bass LOL.[/quote]

Gold!

Just in case everyone isn't already rather wary of this, last year I was surprised to see photographs of my Wal for sale in - you've guessed it - Lerwick. I knew it was mine, because I recognised the facings on the bass and the carpet of the person I actually bought the bass from (in Yorkshire). I was particularly surprised because it was sitting in my hallway ready for rehearsal later that day.