Why become a member? ×

overwater / tanglewood collab Jazz bass

greyparrot

I was over at the bass merchant today and i must say i am highly impressed with the jazz bass they do, the one costing £579. It really is a very well made and pretty bass,and is alot alot of bass for the money. I nearly walked out with one today, but holding out for the 5 string version which is not in stock at the moment. It looks great plays great sounds great. For £579 for the 4 string, its the best bass at that price range in my opinion. I wish they had the 5 in stock ( oh well a little wait i guess. I was tempted to get the 4,but i will only want the 5 so best to wait. ) The sound with the back p/u solo'd was just awesome, really funky finger-style and punchy, with both p/us on was a powerful and clear slap tone to be had. Very nice. ) beautiful blue stain and very smart maple neck with pearly block inlays. Nice. ) well worth the money.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1213811' date='Apr 28 2011, 01:44 PM']bass merchant have 3 beuts in, im after the 5 all sold ([/quote]

We have it in stock and it's a beauty! Check it out [url="http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/bass/3856-overwater_contemporary_j_series_5_string_bass"]here[/url].

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1214368' date='Apr 28 2011, 11:37 PM']A 4 string. If they're only a tiny bit as good as my 6 then they'll be amazing.[/quote]

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it!

You'll also have the luxury of the trans black OR trans blue, a choice you don't get with the J 5!

Tanglewood seem to be making a great effort to get into the quality market. Not the same thing, I know, but my lad has a Canyon 2 bass, really exotic boutique type thing. He loves it to bits and guards it like a dog with a food bowl.

Will they make it? Seems like hard work if Laney's efforts are anything to go by.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1214955' date='Apr 29 2011, 02:47 PM'][url="http://www.overwaterbasses.com/classic_j.html"]http://www.overwaterbasses.com/classic_j.html[/url][/quote]

Yeah, I saw that. It's not a 'straight' jazz bass though, it's got a P bass pickup.

I don't know why they call it a 'classic jazz', when it's not. They may as well call it a 'classic P', that'd be equally as right as it is wrong.

Edited by Soliloquy