Why become a member? ×

Characterful old Ibanez SR505 strung with La Bella flats

Born 2B Mild

[i]*NB This is one of my personal basses & is nowt to do with my store*[/i]

Thought I'd never say goodbye to this but we are down-sizing and I'm being forced to make some hard choices about what can come with us.

I love this bass, it's so easy to play with the narrow low profile neck. I bought it to have as my bass to have flatwounds on when an appropriate song popped up in the set (it's got some La Bellas on). It also has been a superb rehearsal bass for me.

The band it was used in regularly has now come to an end and we are moving house, so I reluctantly want to find a new home for it.

Cosmetically it's a bit road worn and there's a couple of non-original knobs now on it too! But it is a Korean built SR505 which, IMHO, are superior to later models from Indonesia etc. You won't want to buy this if you're bothered by wear and tear, though I have to emphasise that it all functions perfectly.

I'd like £140 + a tenner for the Basschat tip jar.

I'd rather it be collected in Harrogate, but next weekend I am down Surrey, Berks and Oxon for a visit so maybe able to drop it off.

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='1210424' date='Apr 24 2011, 09:55 PM'][b]Blimey![/b] that's an amazing bargain!!![/quote]
Definitely is - wish I needed a 5er! Absolutely love the Soundgears & really miss my fretted & fretless SR880s.

Jon.

Sold! pending picking up and paying out!

Thanks for all the PMs and posts.

I didn't pay much for it originally, and the flats were 2nd hand from a Basschatter, so would prefer to move this on to a fellow BC'er in the same spirit of bargainess. (new word invented :) )

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='1210808' date='Apr 25 2011, 01:10 PM']Sold! pending picking up and paying out!

Thanks for all the PMs and posts.

I didn't pay much for it originally, and the flats were 2nd hand from a Basschatter, so would prefer to move this on to a fellow BC'er in the same spirit of bargainess. (new word invented :) )[/quote]
Great new word! :)

This thread/sale is what Basschat is all about IMO...