Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT-IIP SOLD

bigjohn

US Made in 1990.

Had a good thorough service about a year ago and has been spot on ever since.

It's currently fitted with 3xMarshall 12AUX7. I'll also include the original SLM Hotrods which are cheeky little numbers

[b][s]£275[/s] £250 posted[/b]

I've used it for a few years as a gigging amp - it does great at that. It's lightweight considering how robust it is.

It's not very deep. It's lived it's time with me racked in an SKB shallow case and there's plenty of room in behind even with that.

It really comes into it's own in the studio though. Very, very quiet compared with every other pre I've used.

I don't really record enough to warrant keeping it for that.

Edited by bigjohn

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1219782' date='May 4 2011, 12:51 PM']Hi there, couple of questions...

What's the power output on this (watts, Ohms)?
Can this be used to power a cab, such as an Ampeg 410HLF?

Cheers![/quote]

No mate, I think you'd need a power amp as well to power a cab as I think this is just a preamp. Albeit, a bloody good preamp

Aye - tis [i]only [/i]a pre-amp.

However - as Mr. Marsh says, it's a bloody good one.

'Tis the front end of an SVT II. Which makes it ideal if you want to get that sort of classic SVT tone without having to cart about the huge weight.

Also means you've got a good slice of tone in a small and easy to manage box, easy for DI, easy for recording. And of course that you can swap out the power section of your rig to match your current cab configuration without having to learn a new amp. If you need more power - just get a bigger power amp... easy. Want a lighter rig? Get a lighter power amp - easy :)