Why become a member? ×

Left Handed GB Spitfire 4

whynot

Lefty GB Spitfire in great condition. Comes with GB (Hiscox) case.
I'm rarely using this at the moment so seeing if any interest.
Very lightweight with top of the range GB electrics. Birdseye maple neck and f/board (Jazz type feel and fast).
Not much more I can say about this apart from PM me with any questions and more pictures available upon request.
Oh yes, the plant, pot and football are not included in the sale.
Looking for £900.00.

Man, I saw an identical model to this pass through ebay before Christmas, look gorgeous, and from the soundclips I heard well worth the asking price for a very distinct tone.

Didn't have the money to speculate on it then, still don't now :)

Defo worth a test drive for fellow left-handers, and (slightly OT) seeing as we tend to have longer sale periods it'd be grreat to see a lefty's classifieds area, as without constant bumpage these posts can get lost!

[quote name='Biggsy' post='138135' date='Feb 11 2008, 01:18 PM']Man, I saw an identical model to this pass through ebay before Christmas, look gorgeous, and from the soundclips I heard well worth the asking price for a very distinct tone.

Didn't have the money to speculate on it then, still don't now :)

Defo worth a test drive for fellow left-handers, and (slightly OT) seeing as we tend to have longer sale periods it'd be grreat to see a lefty's classifieds area, as without constant bumpage these posts can get lost![/quote]

It is the one that passed through eBay isn't it?

Hi All,
I've had this one for about 3 months so possibly the one your thinking of.
I understand from GB that at least 2 very similar spec left handers have been made in black with that pickguard and the maple board.
I used it throughout most of my December gigs and sounded excellent but started using my SEi again beginning January so it's only come out the case in the last 6 weeks to have pictures taken.
The main reason I'm looking for a sale so soon after purchase is that I've decided to order a new Bassix EUB asap, so something must go soon (should never have sold the NS).
As per usual I'm open to reasonable offers.

[quote name='whynot' post='138263' date='Feb 11 2008, 04:16 PM']Hi All,
I've had this one for about 3 months so possibly the one your thinking of.
I understand from GB that at least 2 very similar spec left handers have been made in black with that pickguard and the maple board.
I used it throughout most of my December gigs and sounded excellent but started using my SEi again beginning January so it's only come out the case in the last 6 weeks to have pictures taken.
The main reason I'm looking for a sale so soon after purchase is that I've decided to order a new Bassix EUB asap, so something must go soon (should never have sold the NS).
As per usual I'm open to reasonable offers.[/quote]

If this was a righty this would have been off you yesterday at 02:05 PM

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='138256' date='Feb 11 2008, 04:04 PM']An absolute steal from the man in Cannock I seem to recall...[/quote]

Yep, that's the kiddie. Knew it woulda been a good investment, although I'm sure it would have been a serious last minute bidding war if I'd have managed to put the beans together!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're after a Mark King type tone, this is THE bass.

Out of all the basses Mark King has used in his career, (all high end stuff obviously e.g. Jaydee, Status, Alembic, Fender), it was his brief stint with GB basses that gave him his very best sound. (IMHO of course!) And by that I mean it was a good soloing slap sound, but still had enough 'bottom end' for a band situation.

Amazing sounding basses. Although there is no guarentee that if you buy one you will be able to play them as well as Mr King :)

Mark with his GB:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbxt4uSRsY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbxt4uSRsY[/url]

Edited by Frusty