Why become a member? ×

'Gigs' thread

Pete Academy

I noticed on a recent thread I posted on 'Gigs' regarding dates in Scotland that some people missed it and might have gone to the gigs if they'd seen it.

The posts disappear quite quickly, and it feels a bit daft to keep bumping them up all the time.

Could there be a way of keeping the gigs thread more visible automatically?

Just a thought... :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1202841' date='Apr 17 2011, 06:59 PM']What about having sub forums in the gigs forum for different areas? Then people could check gigs in their area more easily and they wouldn't disappear so quickly because there'd be less "competition". :)[/quote]

Good idea.

Currently the gigs section goes back 10 days on page one. I think it is a case of people just not looking - I was well aware you were playing up in Scotland - bit of a trek from West Sussex!! Just one of those facts of life Pete that a huge number of people need things thrust under their noses before they take notice.

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='1202882' date='Apr 17 2011, 07:41 PM']Currently the gigs section goes back 10 days on page one. I think it is a case of people just not looking - I was well aware you were playing up in Scotland - bit of a trek from West Sussex!! Just one of those facts of life Pete that a huge number of people need things thrust under their noses before they take notice.[/quote]

Fair point. :)

Pete, did you enter the gigs into the BassChat calendar? I set up a thread about this (its one of the pinned ones in the Gigs section). If you enter you gigs, all gigs in the next 5 days appear automatically at the bottom eof the BassChat home page, just below birthdays. For example if you scroll down you'll see Nigel/silddx' band Krupa are playing today.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1202905' date='Apr 17 2011, 08:09 PM']Pete, did you enter the gigs into the BassChat calendar? I set up a thread about this (its one of the pinned ones in the Gigs section). If you enter you gigs, all gigs in the next 5 days appear automatically at the bottom eof the BassChat home page, just below birthdays. For example if you scroll down you'll see Nigel/silddx' band Krupa are playing today.[/quote]

Didn't know about that, mate. Thanks for that. :)