Why become a member? ×

generics.

phil.i.stein

setting up a pedal board (or two/three) can be either great fun/a complicated challenge/a complete nightmare !!

i dearly wish that there was a consistent method of integration (i.e. placing all the connections on the same side ?)...it just pisses me off sometimes. :)

anyone else spending too much time awake trying to figure out the various connections/possibilities , without tearing up velcro every 2 mins..?

aaaargh ! (rant)

I don't find it too bad with small boards and only a few pedals, but whenever I go to my big board I properly plan it all out first, sometimes on the inside of the lid as it is the same size, but isn't velcroed, so the pesky moving about doesn't become an issue. Properly planned; just transfer to your proper board!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1202854' date='Apr 17 2011, 07:12 PM']I don't find it too bad with small boards and only a few pedals, but whenever I go to my big board I properly plan it all out first, sometimes on the inside of the lid as it is the same size, but isn't velcroed, so the pesky moving about doesn't become an issue. Properly planned; just transfer to your proper board![/quote]
yeh, that's what i'm trying at the moment, i'm just grumbling..bah.. :)

[url="http://www.pedalboardplanner.com/"]www.pedalboardplanner.com[/url]

I sometimes use this site for a bit of rough planning, particularly for any future purchases I might be looking to buy. I can see whether they're gonna fit with my other pedals or not.

I have been through phases of boutique pedals, home made pedals, micro pedals, big boards and little boards. I have found the only satisfactory way to have a nice clean board is homogeneity. All my basic core pedals are now Boss compacts, not the best looking or the best sounding but the uniform board with tiny connector jacks is deeply satisfying.

yep, george l's are definitely the way forward. what's the name of that shop near you Shep, where they sell the cable by the metre ?

may have to visit very soon.

oh and big-up to Johnny Shredfreak and his well-priced power supplies. top man !

Edited by phil.i.stein