Why become a member? ×

What a day!

ThomBassmonkey

My dog's been ill (kennel cough which has got worse and the vets now suspect pneumonia after finding fluid in his lungs, he should apparently be alright, but he's not very happy), my dad's estate car's broken down, which screws everything up with transport because it means I'm stuck with my huge stack and tiny Fiesta instead of using his car, we had single release gig where after messing about trying to sort a video for it, we decided to do it live, so were relying on a good turn out but found out the venue hadn't promoted it at all, we got up on stage then realised there'd been a miscommunication between our singer/guitarist and roadie so after a carefully planned intro track we all ran on stage and none of the guitarist's gear had been set up, the only thing on stage of his was his amp.

But

The crowd was awesome, the place was rammed, everyone had a great time, the support bands were excellent, the video should be excellent. I honestly don't think I've ever played such a fun gig! We ended up playing for almost an hour and a half just through getting carried away and being called back for encores! It's amazing how a day can turn around. I'm really looking forwards to our tour now!

Sorry for the over-use of commas, but it's been a long day and I'm exhausted. My mind's focusing on sleep at the moment, not grammar. :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1202316' date='Apr 17 2011, 01:56 AM']My dog's been ill (kennel cough which has got worse and the vets now suspect pneumonia after finding fluid in his lungs, he should apparently be alright, but he's not very happy), my dad's estate car's broken down, which screws everything up with transport because it means I'm stuck with my huge stack and tiny Fiesta instead of using his car, we had single release gig where after messing about trying to sort a video for it, we decided to do it live, so were relying on a good turn out but found out the venue hadn't promoted it at all, we got up on stage then realised there'd been a miscommunication between our singer/guitarist and roadie so after a carefully planned intro track we all ran on stage and none of the guitarist's gear had been set up, the only thing on stage of his was his amp.

But

The crowd was awesome, the place was rammed, everyone had a great time, the support bands were excellent, the video should be excellent. I honestly don't think I've ever played such a fun gig! We ended up playing for almost an hour and a half just through getting carried away and being called back for encores! It's amazing how a day can turn around. I'm really looking forwards to our tour now!

Sorry for the over-use of commas, but it's been a long day and I'm exhausted. My mind's focusing on sleep at the moment, not grammar. :)[/quote]

Sometimes the gigs that have everything going against them turn out to be the best, and there's nothing like a great gig to stoke the fires of enthusiasm again!
Hope the dog gets better soon.

Yeah, Rufus (dog) should be fine. He's still coughing but the test results should be in tomorrow so if he's on the wrong anti-biotics, he should get put on the right ones. He's still young (less than 2) so he has age on his side.

No worries Rob, we should have the video up soonish. There'll be a lot of mistakes on it I'm guessing, but the point was to capture the energy of the crowd and as I said, the crowd was brilliant.

Strangest part was the mosh pits, anyone that knows JWP music will know that it's not especially moshable but we had the whole shebang, walls of death and the lot! :) Will definitely make for an interesting video when people are knocking seven bells out of each other to some of our more chilled out tracks.