Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

burgundymouse

Hi Everyone,

I'm a relative newcomer to bass guitar having only taken it up 5 months ago, however have been a singer for a long time (hence the photo) and got bored hanging around rehersals waiting for everyone to learn their part so decided I was really a closet bass player. I've got a gorgeous Fender Jazz Standard in Olympic White which never fails to suprise me in lots of nice ways (ohhh I didn't know you could sound like that!) I've got a tiny Laney 15 watt amp but am hoping to join a band once I get a bit better and then the gear will get better I'm sure. I can't see a time when I'll cheat on my current bass however, unless the Fender 50th Anniversary Bass in Apple Cherry Red happens to walk my way! I've got a great teacher who keeps telling me off about my finger positions, but has really got me up to an ok standard quite quickly. I try and learn two or three new songs a week and currently have a reportoire that includes Elvic Costello, Rage Against the Machine, The Offspring, Rainbow, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix and Wild Cherry among others.

Its great to meet you all and looking forward to developing as a player by using this forum for advice.

• 2 weeks later...