Why become a member? ×

The Krampera Thread!

TomKent

Some of you may have seen these at the London Bass Show - seriously good amps. Literally the best amp I have ever played through!

Haven't had a proper play through this one, however I spent 4 days with the KVB 800 B1T B1B and KVB B1T B1 800.

Full review on the way too. :)

Anyone else got one?

edit: sorry for the sideways photo.. BC hates me at the moment haha :)

Edited by TomKent

I'm curious about these, they're incredibly expensive (buying your full rig from somewhere like BassDirect would cost over £3,500 iirc) and I've not seen any groundbreaking features on them. What kind of tone are they? What would you liken them to? I'd be interested in hearing a demo if you do any recording/videos with it. :)

Not planning on moving away from GK, just idle curiosity for the record.

I'll do a full write up of this but seriously guys, this is like no amp I've played before - played a Lairat through it and immediately fell in love. The tonal qualities possible is amazing, plus with the 15" bottom cab the bass is crazy! And the head is small and lightweight as is the B1T cab :)

There are a lot of nifty features which aren't obviously unless mentioned, for instance - you can fun ALL your pedals off the footswitch that comes with it. The footswitch runs via an XLR and transfers power - this means no need for a transformer.. it's all there for you - you could run a whole board off it I believe. I'll write up more when I've go time, and anyone local to me is more than welcome to try it out - or come to any live gigs and see it in action :)

Did I mention it lights up? :lol:

Edited by TomKent

Bass Direct have the head in for £1794, the B1T is £1038 and the B1B is £894, that's where I was looking at the price. :)

Krampera were just around the corner from us at LBGS but the only time I heard them really was when Clutterbutt was destroying any kind of tone they may have had with his tasteless slap (IMO of course :lol: ). Standing on the GK stand with the TC stand facing us didn't really allow me to hear much else, including for a couple of days after. I look forward to hearing your views on it once you've got your rig though. :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1201377' date='Apr 16 2011, 12:23 AM']Bass Direct have the head in for £1794, the B1T is £1038 and the B1B is £894, that's where I was looking at the price. :)

Krampera were just around the corner from us at LBGS but the only time I heard them really was when Clutterbutt was destroying any kind of tone they may have had with his tasteless slap (IMO of course :lol: ). Standing on the GK stand with the TC stand facing us didn't really allow me to hear much else, including for a couple of days after. I look forward to hearing your views on it once you've got your rig though. :)[/quote]

Criky - I'll be sending an email to 'head office' about that on Monday. :D

I'll put a multitude of things through it, maybe even use DarkMatterAudio's new device on a live scale (whenever I organise getting one sent over) - got a relatively big/important gig with it next Friday and a VERY important gig (if I'm allowed to use the whole system) on the 21st May. One this weekend is out of the way I can crack on with reviews haha!

Edit: christ almighty, my rig's worth £3726 by their standards.. hmm..

Edited by TomKent

Here's my review of the amp.

I'm absolutely over enamoured with this amp, really a stunning piece of gear to play through. :)

[url="http://tomkent.tumblr.com/a&r"]http://tomkent.tumblr.com/a&r[/url]

This review was written from my musician side, not endorsee side. I really wasn't able to fault it. :) Took me ages to think of the improvements too.. such minute little things.

Edited by TomKent

• 1 year later...