Bass 3 o'clock
Treble 1 o'clock
Mid shift at 500 hz
Mid level at 2 o'clock
Through a 115

Mixed to around the same audible level on stage

How about you?

Thanks for the info

I just got the RBI the other week and RPM last night so I'm taking everything down the studio Sunday to get an idea of what it's like, had a wee quiet blast on the RPM last night seems awesome perhaps less aggressive than the RBI?

Just had a wee go of them linked was having a bit of bother getting it all working and only had a picosecond in between bathing a baby and fixing a door but heard the rbi through my poweramp, what a difference in comparison to through the Hartke in the studio. Obviously going through the pre in the Hartke made the sansamp a bit thin as it sounded awesome through the uncoloured poweramp. Eventually got them both working and had to stop, bollox!

[quote name='Pentode' post='1201144' date='Apr 15 2011, 08:37 PM']Sounds like a good setup - so how do you go about connecting it all up to give bi-preamping without the universe collapsing in on itself? :)[/quote]

I just followed the instruction the manual you take the sansamp RBI out into one channel of the stereo poweramp, feed the clean signal from the RBi to the RPM then from the RPM into the other channel of the poweramp.

I dunno if that's strictly bi-amping but it sounds cool so far.

In the world of PA rigs, a bi amped or even tri amped rig involves a crossover, this one really is just slightly eq ing out mids on one pre amp and boosting it a bit on the other!

But I'm really pleased with it!

The only problem is needing 2 cabs or a biamp cable cab, when borrowing a cab, I just use my rpm section on stage (as it's basically a straight DI with bass and treble boosted) but send both signals to FOH

Remembered a similar thread about the Sansamp RPM/RBI last year

Yep, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101660"]here[/url] you go

I've been experimenting a lot with my amp/crossover/sansamp setup - has a lot of potential for studio and live work, but it's a b****r to lug a heavy 4x10, 1x15 and a pair of 1x12 PA cabs around, so doesn't go out much.

Good luck with the sound - on the way to tonal nirvana and doomage in equal proportions

HTH,
Ian

Well had a jam with my drummer took the sansamps, the peavey dpc 1400x and a couple of EA CXL112s thought it sounded tremendous for a first go.

I pretty much left the EQ flat and set the blend to about 11 o'clock on both units, and messed with the drive and the presence. Set the mid sweep on the RPM tow about 9.oclock was all a bit hit or miss and I imagine it'll take a while to get into it. Used my stingray 5 string which is a very hot bass in comparison to the 4 string which has a much mellower tone and I just was trying to get the bass sounding big and fat with a touch of grit and growl, I think it was getting there but impressed lots of dials to twiddle for a bloke who gets easily confused like me.