Why become a member? ×

Hamer sunburst flattop black cherry.

shezza

Hi all, I have a chance to purchase a Hamer bass SFX2 (not quite sure where they get the sunburst from) The trouble is it would be a long distance purchase, so what I would like to know is has anyone played one and more importantly what is the balance like.
I have already got a nose dive bass and I dont want another. So any help would be helpfull....................Pete.

The "Sunburst" comes from the first double cutaway guitar Hamer produced in the 70's - The Hamer Sunburst. Confusingly they were called "The Sunburst" regardless of the finish (though a large percentage of them were sunburst finishes).

You do know that this bass is not made by the USA Hamer company, don't you? It's one of the cheaper import models that use the name. They're still meant to be pretty good quality though - I had a Korean Hamer 12 string bass & that was excellent.

Can't help you with the neck dive question sorry - might be worth asking over on the Hamer Fan Club Forum.