Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pickup Wanted on Short Term Loan

bassace

My new bass is a bit 'bright' for my preferred Underwood. Sounds great with a mic but I need to find a pickup that will give me plug-in-and-play convenience when required. I don't want to go through the PU merrygoround again so was wondering if any kind BCer would lend me a Realist for a week. I'll pay all postage of course.

Edited by bassace

[quote name='bassace' post='1198584' date='Apr 13 2011, 07:33 PM']My new bass is a bit 'bright' for my preferred Underwood. Sounds great with a mic but I need to find a pickup that will give me plug-in-and-play convenience when required. I don't want to go through the PU merrygoround again so was wondering if any kind BCer would lend me a Realist for a week. I'll pay all postage of course.[/quote]

Hi Roger,

I've not got a realist but could lend you a K&K Golden Trinity bassmax + mic if you haven't already got one.

I'm impressed with the bassmax, darker than Underwood, I can plug direct into amp with no pre and get a happy sound.

As for the mic, nice for home recording or into pa

Apart from that I've got a couple Rev solo, (which I got one from you iirc,) and sounds amazing atached to my Ampeg Baby Bass, a Planet single paddle which came with the Kolstien, (probably too bright for you) but you can try if you like, and a full circle atached to my Kolstien which I couldn't detatch.

Best

Keith

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1198889' date='Apr 13 2011, 11:11 PM']Hi Roger,

I've not got a realist but could lend you a K&K Golden Trinity bassmax + mic if you haven't already got one.

I'm impressed with the bassmax, darker than Underwood, I can plug direct into amp with no pre and get a happy sound.

As for the mic, nice for home recording or into pa

Apart from that I've got a couple Rev solo, (which I got one from you iirc,) and sounds amazing atached to my Ampeg Baby Bass, a Planet single paddle which came with the Kolstien, (probably too bright for you) but you can try if you like, and a full circle atached to my Kolstien which I couldn't detatch.

Best

Keith[/quote]

Hi Keith

Your post has reminded me just how many pickups have gone through my hands. Perhaps I should have kept them on the basis that we are never really happy with our rigs and things constantly change. I wonder whether you could trust me for a while with the bass max - which I have never tried - and possibly a planet as long as it isn't fatter than 5mm because I don't want to enlarge my wing slots unneccessarily. I'll PM you with my details.

R

[quote name='bassace' post='1199901' date='Apr 14 2011, 08:35 PM']Hi Keith

Your post has reminded me just how many pickups have gone through my hands. Perhaps I should have kept them on the basis that we are never really happy with our rigs and things constantly change. I wonder whether you could trust me for a while with the bass max - which I have never tried - and possibly a planet as long as it isn't fatter than 5mm because I don't want to enlarge my wing slots unneccessarily. I'll PM you with my details.

R[/quote]

I've also got another Upton Rev solo, not sure if it's the one I got from you.

I've got a real busy day tomorrow so it might be Saturday or Monday before I can get stuff posted.

I'll do me best.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Bassman has sent me a Bassmax and a Planet. I'm reminded that I had a Planet once and now having put it on my bass I'm reminded why I sold it! The Bassmax I liked a lot, surprisingly good for an inexpensive pickup so now I'm putting out a wanted ad for one (Mr B's was attached to a mic).

So thanks a lot Keith for your kindness.

[quote name='bassace' post='1209204' date='Apr 23 2011, 02:40 PM']Mr Bassman has sent me a Bassmax and a Planet. I'm reminded that I had a Planet once and now having put it on my bass I'm reminded why I sold it! The Bassmax I liked a lot, surprisingly good for an inexpensive pickup so now I'm putting out a wanted ad for one (Mr B's was attached to a mic).

So thanks a lot Keith for your kindness.[/quote]

Thanks for returning the pups Roger.

Glad you liked the Bassmax

And thank you for your generosity covering the postage, you didn't have to.

Mrs Bassman & I will enjoy a drink on you this evening :)

Edited by Mr Bassman

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1216030' date='Apr 30 2011, 06:25 PM']Thanks for returning the pups Roger.

Glad you liked the Bassmax

And thank you for your generosity covering the postage, you didn't have to.

Mrs Bassman & I will enjoy a drink on you this evening :)[/quote]

Hi Bassman - you stull got that Planet pup?
Is it the older version (flat surfaces, sandwich filling visible) or the newer version in little sealed copper lozenge?
I'm interested to try one, heard some very positive comparisons to my faithful underwoods.

[quote name='PaulKing' post='1340620' date='Aug 15 2011, 01:14 PM']Hi Bassman - you stull got that Planet pup?
Is it the older version (flat surfaces, sandwich filling visible) or the newer version in little sealed copper lozenge?
I'm interested to try one, heard some very positive comparisons to my faithful underwoods.[/quote]

It came with the Kolstein Travel Bass which Clarky now owns.

It was the older version according to your description.