Why become a member? ×

Building a PJ-Bass

scruffynerfherder

As recently discussed in my thread over on the other part of the gear section, ive decided to do my own p bass copy build. the odvious name for the project of course was the PJBASS as yep..you guessed it my name is P.J, And ive been looking for a theme..ive toyed with comic characters, my football team, themed to an album cover from RATM, Lakland reps..everything.. and being a brit that has always followed the NBA quite closely ive decided to go with a theme from my team, The Boston Celtics. Im thinking that lovely emerald colour would look awesome on a Precision so ive made a design. decided on my hardware that im after and im going to start the build this month and keep updating here with how im getting on with the little monster!

Luckily my uncle owns a sprayshop and he's brilliant with his paints and finishes..so he has agreed to paint it up for me too which is awesome.

Im going to go with a set of Ernie Balls, Seymour duncan pickups, original p bass tuners/hardware. Black bridge, enerald green finish with Paul Pierce Jersey number, Customer decal with pj-bass is easy enough to get hold of, finallyblack pickguard and a Rosewood fretboard.

should get first project picks up within next week or so....Thoughts?

(am aware its not to everybodies taste but really had a taste for something unique)

:)

Edited by scruffynerfherder

[quote name='Darkstrike' post='1199540' date='Apr 14 2011, 03:49 PM']Oh my, that's gonna be awesome....[/quote]

I know it really. really isnt something thats going to appeal to many more people than me. but i wanted something that had my personality all over it. I didnt fancy anything you can just pickup off a shelf or something that looks exactly like something else you can get. theres no point in a comformative design when the world is your oyster

[quote name='scruffynerfherder' post='1200290' date='Apr 15 2011, 09:20 AM']I know it really. really isnt something thats going to appeal to many more people than me. but i wanted something that had my personality all over it.[/quote]

As long as you having fun building it an gonna have fun playing it then go for it !
The only person it needs to appeal to is you :)