Why become a member? ×

Who played bass on that album?

ped

Hi folks,

I have been buying lots of music digitally recently (not from iTunes though, I find it pretty steep and a limited library.. have a look at www.mp3fiesta.com). The only problem is not being able to see the credits for the album - but my brother pointed me towards Barnes & Noble.

Check it out - you can see the credits for every album, lots of reviews and info. I find it really useful!

ped

[url="http://music.barnesandnoble.com/index.asp?z=y"]http://music.barnesandnoble.com/index.asp?z=y[/url]

[quote name='Jimbo' post='136110' date='Feb 7 2008, 10:08 PM']Cool stuff - didn't tell me who played bass on Lalo Schifrin's original score for Dirty Harry though - am I just rubbish at using t'interweb?[/quote]

Just looked up who played on 'My Old Piano' by Diana Ross which I am currently learning. Love the bass on it and always thought it was Bernard Edwards who produced the album.....now it's telling me Nathan Watts was on the album as well....doh!

[quote name='Jimbo' post='136110' date='Feb 7 2008, 10:08 PM']Cool stuff - didn't tell me who played bass on Lalo Schifrin's original score for Dirty Harry though - am I just rubbish at using t'interweb?[/quote]

There's always one!!

I [i]think[/i] so - to tell you the truth I haven't investigared as I don't want to know! It is amazing though, a good catalog of fusion funk jazz and everything else! You no longer have to risk £7-8 on an album you are not sure about - for 25p you can buy it and if you don't like it, put it in the recycle bin!! With Pandora and MP3fiesta I was buying about 2 albums every day for ages. When Pandora went down it saved me money, but now I have just about got to grips with Last.fm so I might have to top up my credit soon...

Cheers
ped

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mike' post='136404' date='Feb 8 2008, 11:49 AM']ped, mp3fiesta seems incredibly cheap. Like, $0.50 for an entire Pat Metheny album. It's all legit, right?[/quote]

depends on how you define 'legit' - it's 'legal' in Russia, though I'd think that technically it would be illegal to 'import' those tracks into the UK, as the 'licenses' that are paid are not recognised internationally. Russian law takes a very laissez-faire approach to copyright law. But if you're buying an entire album for 50c (25p) - the artist is clearly not getting more than that, probably a lot less, clearly less than their cut would be on one track downloaded from just about any other legit service.

If you want cheap, ethical legal legit downloads, try www.emusic.com - for £11.99 a month I get 50 tracks... for jazzy stuff where there are often very long tracks on each album, that can amount to a heck of a lot of music for not much dough... :)

Steve
www.stevelawson.net