Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SGC Nanyo Bass Collection fretless 4 string

TheRev

I'm putting up my much beloved but criminially underused Bass Collection fretless for trade

I bought this new in 1994 and it was my main gigging bass for 7 years until I bought my EBMM Sterling.

I then had the bass professionally defretted (so it has lines) and over the years it's acquired a set of EMG PJ pups and an EMG BTS preamp (18V). The bass was originally the passive, SB301 model.
Since I started playing upright bass, I haven't really had a need for a fretless bass guitar so rather than watch it gather dust I'd like it to go to someone who'll actually play the bugger.

It's in pretty good condition for its age - the usual minor scratches on the body and small dings on the headstock. The paint has completely chipped away on a small section of the body around the jack socket recess (just visible in the photo above) - a common flaw on the early Bass Collection basses. It's light as a feather, has a slim C shaped neck and has harmonics all over the neck - ideal for that Jaco-esque sliding harmonic thing that he does.

Now, I realise that there's absoutely no love for these quality little basses these days (shame on you all), so I'm not going to waste my TIM on looking for a sale - I'll happily take trade offers, just so that this great little bass will get some proper use.

I imagine that someday in the future the Nanyo basses will attain the desireability now lavished on 80s Ibanez and Aria basses - but I'd rather it was being played so it has to move on.

[b]Stuff I'm interested in[/b]:
Something with a vintage vibe, short scale or hollowbody, or any combination of the three.
Small lightweight speaker cabs
Small combos (e.g. Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110 or similar), preferably 60W+
I have never owned a Jazz bass and quite fancy one, so if you've got a Squire VMJ or CV going spare - hit me up.

I'll even consider one of those little skinny stringed guitar things (I quite like Teles), but only as a last resort

If there's interest, I can post (i.e. take..) more images and links to Myspace so you can hear the mwaaah...

Cheers

Dave

Edited by TheRev

[quote name='TheRev' post='1195703' date='Apr 11 2011, 12:43 PM']No Bass Collection love out there? :)[/quote]
Hi all
I have an ebony finger board Bass Collection with EMGs and can vouch for these excellent underated basses. Grab a bargain someone...
good luck, joe