Why become a member? ×

Suggestions For an Event

AndyTravis

I've been asked to set up a demonstration of the New Roland Bass Cubes, along with a Drummer who will be demoing the new Roland TD MK2 Kits.

Rather than it being a stupid 'Look at me Slap' and 'look at his Double Kick pedal speed' type affair, It's going to be a bit more Flight of the Conchords with Bass and Drums...

The fact is, he's product demonstrator standard, whereas i'm just a normal Bass player really, and I'm not comfortable [i]trying[/i] to show off.

So, i'm looking at a couple of funny tracks I can build up on the internal 80 second loop function the 60XL and 120XL have built in.

I was debating the 'Beat It' route which SMV did on their tour, where Marcus Miller Laid down the riff, Wooten played the vocal line and Stanley Clarke did the guitar parts...i've even sat down and transposed (sort of) the guitar solo onto bass, Van Halen on bass, haha.

But generally, if you went to see a demonstration, what would you like to see, other than the usual Bass Day ham fisted bassing?

'I heard it through the grapevine' was another thought to show the Ampeg Fliptop setting...

Just don't want it to rely soley on the looping function...

He'll probably take a Roland SPS too for samples and such.

Venue will more than likely be the back room of the Castle Hotel in Manchester, as my Singer and Guitarist own it, holds about 70 people, and has a decent enough P.A.

[url="http://www.thecastlehotel.info/"]http://www.thecastlehotel.info/[/url]

Some time during April/May...

Any Suggestions, or things you've seen and liked at trade shows are more than welcome.

Thanks

Trav

Yeah, think Dan the Drummer is checking out all the Youtube stuff for the drum demos, of which, i'll just be supplying a bassline in the appropriate 'style'.

I think we just want it to be a fun clinic with decent info rather than the all too typical 'flash, bang, puff of smoke...' etc.

[quote name='Skol303' post='1179704' date='Mar 28 2011, 04:28 PM']Sounds great to me.

Let us know the confirmed date once you have it... I live in Manc + love the Castle pub = win! :-)[/quote]

Oh there will be a thread, i'm sure...or i'll edit this one as we go.