Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Fender Jazz V 24 (5 String)

Kraken

My Fender Jazz V 24 is for sale £300, Available again

this is the 5 String version of this bass

Passive/Active switchable 3 band active eq Seymour Duncan basslines pickups and I may even but some new D'Addario nickel round strings on it :)

as pictured in my avatar Picture, I will add some more pictures later today/over the weekend.

this was my main bass for about 4 years, only let me down once which was an electronic failure, which I had someone near here deal with (a guy called Jerry Playle if any of you know him) cosmetically this bass is pretty good for the amount of gigs it has done, there is a slight ding on the back of the neck from where I stupidly leant it against a monitor at one venue we played (kind of in the region of the e string 10th fret - not 12th as I previously posted - Picture Below) but I will post an image of that later

I haven't really used it since mainly because I use two basses tuned differently and I got another Bass Identical to the other one I had and that allows me to balance bass volumes easier.

as I need to acquire some Kendo Armour, and this bass isn't getting the time it deserves then it is time for it to move on.

I recommend playing it before purchase and there is a local rehearsal studio near me that can be used. (at my cost)

I'd rather not post either so collection from High Wycombe or surrounding area or I can come to you if it is Surrey/Hampshire/Wiltshire way.

Edited by Kraken

it is indeed Made in Korea,

I've been told that they were made in the same Factory that the Cort Basses are made in, but I never found anything to back this up or refute it, so it is basically hearsay. (yes that dodgy vocal pop group that seemed to just vanish)

Taking Pictures now.

Good luck with your dingwall then Thom

and Mike, I'd rather not be posting it just because of all the things that can be complicated by that, and also if we exchange in person there are ways and means that you can try it before you hand over your cash, I would prefer the new owner to be happy with it and then hand me the cash than go through the whole 'not what I was expecting' debacle.

I do have family in North Yorkshire though (around Whitby) and I'm visiting there at the end of April so if it is still available then and you are interested I can bring it with me.

Any more questions?

:)

[quote name='Kinder' post='1177050' date='Mar 26 2011, 11:25 AM']Great bass and a very keen price. I just sold my 4 string one and it was a beauty. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Thanks Kinder, I am sorry to see it go, but I'm just not using it and it is such a shame that such a great sounding and stunning looking bass isn't being used

[quote name='Kraken' post='1176578' date='Mar 25 2011, 09:23 PM']Ok Pictures Up,

if you want more or specific pictures, ask and ye shall recieve

(apologies for the carpet)[/quote]

[quote name='Rayman' post='1177099' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:02 PM']Nice. Good luck with the sale, because then you can buy a vacuum cleaner.[/quote]

I refer the learned gentlemen to the previous apology,

but

I am sorry that the carpet doesn't live up to your high standards and you have only my word on this but it is usually a lot better than that, there have been a lot of non-bass related things happening in my home recently that have made such things as vacuming carpets not quite such a high priority :)

thanks for the best wishes and the troll :)

Sale fell through for a genuine reason.

so this is still available

Thanks for the nice words Hellothere,

I think I've priced this as a Bargain, but I've done that deliberatley.

it is however a firm price, cash only.

Thanks