Why become a member? ×

Double bass swap anyone?

chrkelly

I absolutely love this bass but unfortunately being quite old, it can suffer a bit in the hold of the plane and I'm a bit fed up with having it repaired all the time. It's probably not very likely, but are they any forum members that would be up for a trade with a modern instrument of similar value and playing qualities?

I bought it around this time last year from a guy who hadn't played it in 30 years and it's really improved in the time I've had it, thanks to various setup tweaks and regular professional use. It's a typical German shop bass from c1880. 7/8 size with a 105cm stop. It's a great chamber music and jazz bass, projects well and is very consistent string to string. Valued at £4000.

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='1175302' date='Mar 24 2011, 09:57 PM']what a truly beautiful instrument[/quote]

Just gorgeous patina of age there Chris - would love this but sadly I only have a 15 year old, laminate-sided Andreas Zeller worth no more than 1k to trade ... and its got some pesky Pokemon cards and a Spiderman web posted inside it by my kids when they were tiny!

Bump for a nice guy with whom I've done a few trades already

Edited by Clarky

• 2 weeks later...