Why become a member? ×

Rick strap buttons too big!

steviedee

Hi I just shelled out for some rickenbacker straplocks for my Ibanez rickenfaker, however, the strap button screws are way too big.

I'm not a big woodworky guy so is their a tool for widening the holes or do I just use a drill kinda worried my all purpose black decker might be a bit of a blunt instrument or do I just forget it and flog them on here?!

[quote name='7string' post='1168904' date='Mar 19 2011, 09:52 PM']Use a drill bit which is a little smaller than the screw itself.

Put the screw on top of the drill bit and you should only see the thread not the shank.[/quote]

Cheers Mark

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1169026' date='Mar 19 2011, 11:52 PM']I did kinda the same thing. Only the other way around.

I bought regular straplocks only to find the screws were far too small for the holes!!!!!!!!!!!!! bloody Rickenbacker[/quote]

I reckon it's a conspiracy against Scottish people, Alex Salmond should hold a summit!