Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker colours

Stag

Morning guys,

Im looking around for a BurgundyGlo Ric at the moment. After a little bit of Googling ive noticed that GAK and Dolphin are both supposedly getting stock of 4003's with the BG colour scheme.... although they are fretless, which im not so interested in!

Does anyone know anything about Ric colours, ie. will they release this in the future as a fretted bass (considering they are going to release an FL version which are somewhat less in demand!). Im happy to wait for a new one if thats the case as finding a second hand one isnt proving easy :)

Thats a a fair point, but im only really just interested in the possibility of gettting a fretted one in this colour... and if they (GAK / whomever) can place an order with Ric that would suggest these FL ones do exist (or are going to exist, lol ), so therefore maybe the possibilty of a fretted one could be on the horizon?

I think im confusing myself now, haha!

:)

I read on RR that there won't be any more colours of the year until they complete their never-ending backlog.

On the experience of the Rickenbackers I've owned (still got one), they should up their QC before attempting anymore colour schemes!

I recently a Jan '10 bass - problems with the bridge saddles, etc. There was a recent discussion over at RR about this - a common problem.

Slightly OT - sorry - but they've been making the same design for how many years? The Jan '09's in lighter colours had issues when the felt in the cases was making some finishes turn green, and before that it was the blue 'bleeding' into the white surrounds on the Midnight Blues.

If you must get one, get a Jetglow!!!!

Edited by spongebob

I had one of the bleeding midnight blue ones. turned the binding on the neck pale blue. Luckily I bought it brand new and was able to return it.

There's been talk on the rickresource about a new bridge for years now with nothing to show for it yet. I guess if they can have an 18+ month backlog on basses with a sh*te bridge, questionable paintwork, a stereo output that most people don't use, a double truss rod that most people are afraid to touch and a pickup suround that doubles as a cheese grater and get away with it then why should they change anything?

[quote name='spongebob' post='1168357' date='Mar 19 2011, 03:37 PM']+1, very well put![/quote]

Yes... but I do love them, lol

I do rather like JG but Burgundy / cherry red has always been my favoured finish. Theres a lovely Aerodyne P/J in the FS section which has a beautiful similar finish, not quite as deep as BG but lovely nonetheless!