Why become a member? ×

Way huge pork loin hum

ryan0583

When I daisy chain my way huge pork loin together with my other pedals, i get an annoying hum. This happens regardless of whether the pedal is on or off, and stops if i remove the power from this pedal (my signal still gets through as the pedal is true bypass). It also does not happen if i use a seperate power supply just for this pedal.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I'm using a 1000ma 9v adapter, and daisy chaining 6 pedals including the pork loin.

Cheers.

You know what, I have the exact same problem except it's with any pedal. Basically, if I chain 3 or more pedals, I get a very loud whine. I've tried everything, and the only cause I can see, is when there's more than 2 pedals linked. Driving me up the wall!
I'm using a gig-rig generator daisy chaining (in this order) on a Pedaltrain mini:

Artc-tuner>EHX Clone Theory> Mr Zinky Master Blaster>Rocktron Cyborg Reverb>Amp

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the hijack, but I didnt think it'd make sense to start another topic on the same thing!

Cheers!

Truckstop

The pedals may consume more or close to the 1000mA together. Try removing pedals from the chain keeping the Pork Loin and if the humm stops at some point it's time to get a more powerfull PSU!

For both questions:
Check your pedal specs, there will be a reference to their power consumption (i think this is misspelled!) in [b]mA[/b]. Your PSU has to have more mA than the sum of all pedal requirements!
Also, like umph sugested, see if all polarities are right!

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1167353' date='Mar 18 2011, 04:23 PM']How would one check the polarity of a pedal?

Cheers

Alex[/quote]

Check around the DC IN plug in your pedal, you'll see something like this:

This particular example means that the pedal's polarity has a negative center. You don't need to understand how polarity works, just be sure all your pedals share the same polarity. :)

edit: if the + and - signs were the other way around it would mean it has a positive center. Just to prevent any confusion :)

Edited by Ghost_Bass