Why become a member? ×

Schecter

burray

Anyone play Schecter basses?

I completely forgot the company existed until just now, and a guitarist I used to work with swore by his (although I can't remember the model) but I just wondered if the basses are just as good.

Chance are I can't and won't be able to afford one for ages, especially along with the millions of other basses on my 'want' list, but I'm just curious about them really.

[quote name='burray' post='1165517' date='Mar 17 2011, 10:44 AM']Anyone play Schecter basses?

I completely forgot the company existed until just now, and a guitarist I used to work with swore by his (although I can't remember the model) but I just wondered if the basses are just as good.

Chance are I can't and won't be able to afford one for ages, especially along with the millions of other basses on my 'want' list, but I'm just curious about them really.[/quote]

I've just sold my Schecter Diamond 004. It is a great bass, looks fantastic (ash body) worth every penny of its value and a real gem. If money and space were no issue, I'd still own it!

Unfortunately, I've owned another Stiletto, which was a heap of junk, I lived to hate and would never buy another... it had a soft, crappy body, and a neck which looked green under lights (someone told me it may be poplar?!?!?). It was nasty, though it looked the business.

I had a Schecter C4 about 5 or 6 years ago in this finish;
[url="http://www.spectrummusic.co.uk/itemdetail.php?i=713"]http://www.spectrummusic.co.uk/itemdetail.php?i=713[/url]
I didn't make a huge loss when I sold it on. It seemed well made enough, quite lightweight but with no particularly characteristic sound. I thought it had a more pleasant shape than some of the later designs but you hardly ever see anyone playing a C4.