Why become a member? ×

Telebass killed my EB speaker!

iconic

....it's got the fatest tone so maybe the telebass one killed it..rattles worse with the TB!

...symptom: very quiet rattle from the speaker at low volumes...doesn't really increase with volume though...sort of quiet flapping noise...? Took speaker out and connected a Mission HI-FI speaker, no rattle, put combo speaker back in and rattle back....it's the speaker, not the housing of that I'm sure.

...bugger, I love this combo :)

any help welcome

Edited by iconic

I stuck a Delta 12 something (red label) in one of those, worked fine, better with the port extended a little. Looks to be Delta 12LFA from googling it.

Edit: Also could be the speaker cable touching the back of the cone. You can pull the cable through when it plugs in the back.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

thanks for the tip, checked the cable....she works OK though, it's jsut very annoying with sound down very low.

Is the Delta an Eminence Speaker?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eminence-Delta-12LF-12-8-ohm-500W-Bass-Speaker-Driver-/200587391459?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item2eb3f0b1e3"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eminence-Delta-12LF-...=item2eb3f0b1e3[/url]

I have the same problem with a different cab in that I need to replace a speaker.

My view would be to replace exact like for like unless you really know what you are doing internally with the cab and port sizes.
If you can't get a replacement or really need the power increase/capability then you should look at alternatives, but if they are available, get the proper speaker that the cab was designed for.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1165486' date='Mar 17 2011, 10:15 AM']I have the same problem with a different cab in that I need to replace a speaker.

My view would be to replace exact like for like unless you really know what you are doing internally with the cab and port sizes.
If you can't get a replacement or really need the power increase/capability then you should look at alternatives, but if they are available, get the proper speaker that the cab was designed for.[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for the tip, I've gone for an Ashdown straight replacement....£50 with vodka and tonic + PnP

...did go down the route of a Eminence Beta 12", but according to programmes for determining speaker to cab to tuning, this wouldn't have suited (?) aalthough I'm sure my ears wouldn't have noticed!

...I never knew there was so much involved in matching speakers to cabs :)

I must add, Ashdown are very easy to deal with....good to have them so close

Edited by iconic

lesson learned!

new speaker turned up .....damaged in transit....bent at side...bugger....but works for moment .....put it in combo, loose fit....no difference...got 3 mates who are sparkies...2 had a quick peak but nothing found....so thought.....get a another amp......(sorry Andy)

....get an early morning txt from last guy....loose spade connector wire....!

She up n running again....just like cars it's normally something stupid :)