Why become a member? ×

FT: Boss ME-50B + PSU - TRADED

Norris

[b]For Trade[/b] - a [url="http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/ME-50B/"]Boss ME-50B[/url] multi-effect pedal, plus Boss PSA-240 power supply. It's been gigged less than a dozen times before I bought a GT-6B pedal, and is still in immaculate condition complete with original box and instruction manual. These are about £215 new, plus £20 for the power supply, so I'm thinking (as it's still a current model too) it's worth around the £150 mark.

I'm looking to trade for some budget home studio gear - mainly a USB interface that will take MIDI as well as mic & guitar. I could also be interested in a studio vocal mike, a dmx lighting controller, or possibly even a nice Squier Precision (but don't tell the wife!). I'm not looking to put any cash into the trade.

I'm in Leicester, 10 minutes from the M1/M69 junction

Update:
Although I'd prefer to trade, I will consider reasonable cash offers.
I could also be interested in trading for a Roland Cube guitar(d) amp, Squier Telecaster, or ... W.H.Y.?

Update:
I have now accepted a trade

Edited by Norris

Sorry, I'm ok for keyboards thanks. I have a Juno and an electric piano that both do MIDI.

... I've just noticed the box is at my feet in my profile pic

I could also be interested in a Roland Cube guitar amp

Edited by Norris

The main differences (IMHO) are:

The GT-6B has COSM amp/cab & classic pedal modelling and a wider range of effects
The ME-50B requires additional switches for foot-based bank switching (e.g. FS-5U or similar). The GT-6B has built-in footswitches, whereas the ME-50B only has buttons for bank switching
The GT-6B has a digital readout of the setting values, the ME-50B is adjusted by knobs i.e. it's a little easier to fine-tune parameters on the GT.
The GT-6B has more slots per bank and more banks (can't remember how many atm) - in other words, more presets
The GT-6B has a balanced line output, the ME-50B doesn't
The ME-50B is possibly easier for spontaneous effects, the GT-6B is better for lots of pre-defined effects (e.g. tribute band must-have sounds, etc.)
You pay for the extra functionality on the GT

Having said that, the effects on both sound pretty good.

I'm still keen to trade this (trade = less spousal aggro), but will consider reasonable offers of cash

[quote name='Norris' post='1174510' date='Mar 24 2011, 01:48 PM']The main differences (IMHO) are:

The GT-6B has COSM amp/cab & classic pedal modelling and a wider range of effects
The ME-50B requires additional switches for foot-based bank switching (e.g. FS-5U or similar). The GT-6B has built-in footswitches, whereas the ME-50B only has buttons for bank switching
The GT-6B has a digital readout of the setting values, the ME-50B is adjusted by knobs i.e. it's a little easier to fine-tune parameters on the GT.
The GT-6B has more slots per bank and more banks (can't remember how many atm) - in other words, more presets
The GT-6B has a balanced line output, the ME-50B doesn't
The ME-50B is possibly easier for spontaneous effects, the GT-6B is better for lots of pre-defined effects (e.g. tribute band must-have sounds, etc.)
You pay for the extra functionality on the GT

Having said that, the effects on both sound pretty good.

I'm still keen to trade this (trade = less spousal aggro), but will consider reasonable offers of cash[/quote]

Thanks, very helpful! Good luck with the sale.