Why become a member? ×

Bassmonkey's gear

Bassmonkey

Having enviously watched lots of your pics I thought I'd share my little stash.

Still gassing for another Gibson at some point to replace the RD Artist I let go a few years ago maybe a white Thunderbird, Les Paul perhaps or a nice Jazz or even a Dan Armstrong.....time will tell.
They are in order 1970 Jap reissue P Bass. Random japcrap EB copy I bought as a "project" when pissed at the Leeds Festival 3 years ago!!! Gretsch Synchromatic (using to teach my little one on). Epiphone Rivoli. USA P Bass 2002 I think. Rickenback 4003 about 2001. Antoria Les paul copy 1972. MM Stingray 1993 (took off the dampers and prefer the sound) Finally my Orange Bass Terror, SP212 and Korg Tuner plus Sennheisser Wireless kit.

Hope you like em. Andy

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1157303' date='Mar 10 2011, 09:51 PM']Nice range you have there, one for every occasion, loving the Stingray.[/quote]

I always play the Ric to be honest, it is lovely but used the Stingray to rehearse a week ago and fell in love again. Took it apart cleaned and loved it, new strings then played it on Saturday gig. I removed the dampers and that gave it a better sound. Bloody lovely but really "bassy" I love the trebbly sound the Ric delivers. As you can tell I know my technical terms! hahahaha