Why become a member? ×

Programmable metronome/software

Faithless

So, what I'm basically looking is a metronome or metronome software, that I could program, lets say, it clicks once on 1st bar, and then keeps silent for 3 bars, and so on...

I'd appreciate recommendations on both actual metronomes and metronome software stuff..

I can't go silly with the price, but, first, let's see metronomes first..

Thanks,
Laimis

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/KORG-KOR-MA30-MA-30-DIGITAL-METRONOME/dp/B0002E2O2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301042422&sr=8-1"]this Korg MA 30 [/url]metronome is any good to you ? You can tap in your own tempo, if the one you need is not one of the functions already on it.

Edited by daz

[quote name='Faithless' post='1175579' date='Mar 25 2011, 08:35 AM']Any idea if Cubase 4 would have that feature?[/quote]

If software works for you then I'm pretty sure Hydrogen is a solution. Free drum machine that you program yourself. From what little I've seen I wouldn't recommend it for mac (you get to places where you can't get back out) , but I strongly suspect that the windows version is OK since everyone talks about it.

Andy

All you need to do in any software (Cubase, Reaper, Logic or anything else) is make a track & assign either a built in instruments sound or any vsti & make a 4 bar loop, put a note on the 1st beat that plays your first click (use a sound like "rimshot") & leave the rest blank. Simples really. :)