Why become a member? ×

SOLD White Pearl Jazz Guard

I bought this from Cygnus x-1 some time ago and used it on my CV Jazz. As you can see from the pic, it fitted the screw holes perfectly but was slightly short up to the bell plate. If I understand correctly Cygnus x-1 bought it as a VM Jazz guard. You can see his thread with some measurements here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74030&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74030&hl=[/url].

Yours for £9 posted. (The CV Jazz is not included - pickguard only.)

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Rumble' post='1147736' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:43 PM']Would this fit a Fender Jazz?[/quote]
I can't be sure and anyway it would depend on which Fender Jazz - MIA, MIM, MIJ, CIJ, etc. When I bought it off Cygnus x-1 he measured it as follows:

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='719428' date='Jan 20 2010, 06:48 PM']hi Dave, yes it is 10 hole no truss rod cut out plate. I bought it from a seller who advertised it as just a fender Jazz plate. It was for my VM fretless Squier Jazz (also bought a torty plate at same time, which I used on my bass, the pearle one is the same) so yes it phisically fits (pickup to neck pocket) a VmJ but weather the holes line up I don't know.

I can accurately measure a few holes so you can check it against yours... front of pickup cutout to ctr of hole at top back corner of neck pocket = 87mm, hole at same dimension but bottom of pickup & bottom neck pocket= 99mm, back of pickup c/out at top to adjasent level hole= 25mm, hole at same dimension but level at bottom pickup cutout= 41mm, ctr of hole at bottom of neck pocket to ctr of hole dirrectly bellow it= 86mm. hope this helps...Nick[/quote]

All those measurements looked correct for the Squier CV Jazz so I bought it and as you see from the pic it fitted perfectly except for the gap by the bell plate. I kept it on the CV until I sold the CV earlier this week.

Edited by EssentialTension

• 7 months later...