Why become a member? ×

Hartke HyDrive 5410c

Galaxy

Hi Galaxy, Certainly the reviews for the LH500/1000 speak for themselves here on Basschat and talk bass (The 500 being the amp in the 5210C & 5410C) - 'bang for buck' they have been a resounding success. I own two Hartke 4x10 cabs and I think that the LH heads really compliment the cabinets well. I have to say that the 5410C will reward you with some great (and loud) sounds. The only thing that you might wanna take in to consideration is that for the modern bass player, it seems that anything over about 28Kg is heavy! You might just wanna opt for a separate head and cabinet if like me you have back issues!

hey

i'm currently studying at tech music school in london and they are endorsed by hartke so i use this amp every week for my live performance lessons its great! Really nice warm tone (i've found other hartkes to be a little harsh sometime) and very versatile as well i've had to produce everything from a motown kind of sound right through to a punchy slap sound a la marcus miller and the 5410 has come through every time. i use an american jazz 5 through it and it sounds amazing i've also heard it used with a spector, warwick, yahmaha and p - bass courtesy of other students and i've found that it does them all justice, like most hartkes it does have a fairly punchy mid range which is a trait of hartke amps anyway but all in all one of the best value for money amps out there also if you think the 5410 might be too heavy might be worth looking at the lh500 or lh1000 head (these are pretty much the same as the 5410) with the hydrive 4X10 cab as then they can be seperated for easier transport.

I just changed over from the Hartke HyDrive 5210C to the 5410C. It sounds great. 500 Watts straight out with the 4X10. If you want or need 500 watts with he the 5210C, you'll need to add a external cab to it. One unit with the LH500 head on board, no extra stuff to have to move around. It made good sense to me.