Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK310

Jigster

I'm not wanting to buy this bass in anyway really, but was browsing, and Ibanez always strike me as quality manufacturers, (I have an 81 Blazer Bass and it's fab), and then I got looking at the ATK310 which seems to be such a well made thing for so little money and yet I personally hear very little about them, or at least they don't seem to appear much on stages, either at pro or club/pub level - it shares some of the retro Fender style so would have thought it appeals in that way...

Any users of ATK's want to enthuse?

..okay, I am a little tempted by them. The mint green is particularly nice :)

[url="http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Bass_Guitars/Bass_Guitars/Bass_Guitars/sc1114/p8060.aspx"]http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Bass_Guitars/...1114/p8060.aspx[/url]

I had an ATK 300. Build quality was superb for the money. Very chunky neck, a bit like a cross between a P and some of the chunkier Warwick necks, which may not suit everyone.

Soundwise it was punchy, and the pickup switching made it suprisingly versatile for a one pickup bass. In the end though I sold it because I was never 100% happy with the tone, I think the preamp could use upgrading.

Ive got one at the moment. Got to agree with everything said so far. It might lack a little something, but you cant complain for the price. I like a punchy, aggressive tone so this suits me well, and the chunky neck is great for attacking the strings. I actually downgraded from my Warwick Thumb 5 to this because it suits my style better. Id probably only sell it if I had a fair bit of money lying around and wanted to upgrade to something higher end again.