Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40

cocco

It's with a heavy heart that Im offering my T-40 up for sale. I've had ages but it just isnt getting used. Since my Shuker landed my SB has become my backup and as much as it sucks the old T could do with finding a new home.

The bass in question is a 1978 build, meaning it has the early model Toaster pickups and a slightly wider neck than the later Blade models. It's original apart from the switches which broke and have been replaced with similar but not identical ones. Natural oil finished body and maple neck. The body is showing some signs of wear but is completely solid. The neck has had the varnish sanded off the back of it but is straight and in good condition, head stock has a few dings, nothing out of the ordinary for a 25+ year old bass. The threads on here speak for themselves about how great these basses are so I won't bore you with technical details. Heres a pic for illustrative purposes, Ill put more up when I get the bass out of storage. Comes with non original hard case. I'd rather sell but trades are always an option, think Warwick, Sandberg, anything active really, preferably with atleast one MM pickup or 70s/80s jap built stuff like Ibanez, westone, aria etc. Status Groove, try me.

£400

Edited by cocco

[quote name='cocco' post='1145968' date='Mar 1 2011, 04:11 PM']It's with a heavy heart that Im offering my T-40 up for sale. I've had ages but it just isnt getting used. Since my Shuker landed my SB has become my backup and as much as it sucks the old T could do with finding a new home.

The bass in question is a 1978 build, meaning it has the early model Toaster pickups and a slightly wider neck than the later Blade models. It's original apart from the switches which broke and have been replaced with similar but not identical ones. Natural oil finished body and maple neck. The body is showing some signs of wear but is completely solid. The neck has had the varnish sanded off the back of it but is straight and in good condition, head stock has a few dings, nothing out of the ordinary for a 25+ year old bass. The threads on here speak for themselves about how great these basses are so I won't bore you with technical details. Heres a pic for illustrative purposes, Ill put more up when I get the bass out of storage. Comes with non original hard case. I'd rather sell but trades are always an option, think Warwick, Sandberg, anything active really, preferably with atleast one MM pickup or 70s/80s jap built stuff like Ibanez, westone, aria etc. Status Groove, try me.

£400[/quote]

:) :) One day . . . . . . you'll think . . . . . Mmmm, T-40 - Yeah, I had one of those!
I do a lot of Japanese stuff and I can see where you are going and the Status Groove is an excellent bass love mine.
But. . . . . . as I said . . . one day. :lol:

Must bring a "Blade" your way, one day - I'll have you begging to jump on the train again!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the sale - "almost ex T-40 owner"