Why become a member? ×

Isobaric cabinet design benefits

AsterL

[quote name='lojo' post='1182566' date='Mar 30 2011, 06:48 PM']This all seems a shame, the best cabs I ever played through where the Orange OBCs, but there to heavy to take to gigs week in week out

Is everyone really saying, that those on here who rate these cabs would still do so even if the 210 was only a 1x10 ?[/quote]

This is of course a biased, humble personal opinion but I really like my SP210. I use it with a Bass Terror , its deep, small, light enough to be a one hand lift (or two for distances) and plenty loud enough for me.

Whether a high quality 1x10 would sound nicer isn't a question I can answer I'm afraid.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1185085' date='Apr 1 2011, 06:35 PM']Perhaps they're looking forward to the implementation of an EU concept that would ban combustion-engined vehicles from town centres, then we'll all be stuck with using public transport. As if gigging wasn't hard enough as it is. I sincerely hope it was an April Fools Day type prank, but the fact it's EU related means anything's possible...[/quote]

Thy may not do that but there is only a matter of time before they impose some kind of weight lift limit for the general public already the case in industry ...

• 2 years later...

This seems kind of pointless since, the last posts here were about 3 years ago. However, I was looking up how to; and benefits of building IsoBaric bass cabs, and this page came up as one of the first on google. Just to clarify, the main purpose of Isobaric cabinets is so it can hit lower frequencies in a smaller box, not just for the purpose of a smaller lighter box. Many bass cabs suffer in this department, even if you ''set your eq lower" it doesn't mean your cab will magically be able to play the low tones they were unable to play before at an even db level. The low tones are going to more quiet unless your box is big enough, or your drivers are competent. If anyone comes across this that is trying to build isobaric cabs, I hope this helps. Overall unless you are going to put a lot of drivers in your box, or you are just building a sub woofer, Isobaric cabs aren't going to be loud enough, but it all depends on your application.