Why become a member? ×

Potential Project Bass

gruskgo

I've owned this bass for a few years now and It's finally time to let it go.. I'ts a custom made Ibanez sr1300 that I picked up from a music shop about 4 years ago. The bass needs a preamp and pickups, and has holes for recessed straplocks (not my mod) but aside from that is in good condition. It has a 5-piece bubinga/wenge neck, a wenge fingerboard, and a Padauk/Maple/Bubinga/Maple/Mahogany/Maple/Bubinga/Maple/Padauk body. All the hardware is in great condition also, any questions just shoot me a message. As for price, I'd be happy to get £350, but make me an offer if you think you can fix it up, this bass plays beautifully when it's put together and has a lovely thin neck.

Anyone curious about the mods on this bass:

The reason for the 5 holes is the preamp that was in there was a John East U Retro 5 knob deluxe [url="http://www.east-uk.com/"]http://www.east-uk.com/[/url] , I actually still have the preamp but without any pots that I could chuck in with it for an extra 50 if anyone's interested, it costs over £200 new but needs pots and wiring. The LED is for a battery power indicator (also from John East, it flashes when your batteries are running low) that I would chuck in for free, but the hole is standard size for any switches. The reason for the extra hole is that the Preamp had a passive tone pot (push pull for active/passive) as well as the usual preamp EQ. The only other mod I believe is the straplocks were recessed into the body so the strap just clicked straight in, but they could easily be filled or replaced

The bass is in London and I would prefer collection but shipping can be arranged for a bit extra, it's not a heavy bass so it wouldn't be much, I'm just a bit concerned about transit damage.

[attachment=73311:DSCF0629.JPG]
[attachment=73312:DSCF0631.JPG]
[attachment=73313:DSCF0636.JPG]
[attachment=73314:DSCF0637.JPG]
[attachment=73328:DSCF0648.JPG]
[attachment=73327:DSCF0645.JPG]
[attachment=73326:DSCF0644.JPG]

Edited by gruskgo

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of price but I really have no idea what it's worth! I've put a price up but make me an offer if you feel it's unreasonable, It was a fairly pricey when I bought it but that was a while back when it had all the parts! as for weight not sure, but its light, was the lightest bass I had with pre/pickups in there.