Why become a member? ×

marshall bass amps

lettsguitars

I have very mixed views on these, as an MB owner, and I also recieved bad customer service from Marshall.

Ive had an MB30 combo for years, its great and i love it to bits!

However, i ended up with THREE broken MB4210s in the space of a fortnight, and Marshall didnt care at all. I then had to upgrade to the MB450H and MBC115, and the crossover in the cab blew after a week. They never returned my calls, and I got a short email reply once.

The amps themselves aren't up to scratch, and are nowhere near as they could be. Overall, they arent bad, but you get what you pay for, the built quality isnt great. Clean channel is abit sterile, but i love the classic channel.

I feel Marshall have really let me down.

I think im gonna go back to Ashdown...

• 1 month later...

I have the MB4210 and 115 extension cab.

I love the variety of tones.

And it's LOUD!

I have not had any overheating problems.

I was advised to have a look at the internals and this was interesting.

It all looked ok to me and I left it as built.

It has been well gigged and hopefully will last me for a few years :)

I used that 4x10 MB pictured in the post above at a rehearsal a few months ago. In a word - rubbish. I just could not (no matter how much fiddling I tried) get a decent sound out of it. If I can't get a good sound out of an amp with a Buzzard after 5 minutes (generally 30 seconds suffices), then something is generally wrong. I then switched to my Alembic. Same again. The one thing I would agree with posters is that it is very loud. But when you can't get a decent sound out the damn thing, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I'd never use Marshall stuff as every experience I've ever had with them has been wholly negative. If this is the make you want, then I'm hoping it'll work better for you than for me.

Edited by Wolverinebass