Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

TheDisparities

Im deciding to sell my bass as my band has split up and wont be playing on it much anymore. Its a natural jazz bass with a couple of modifications, the standard issue pickups being taken out for some active EMG's and the squier logo being replaced by a fender one. The bass is in fantastic condition apart from cross threading of the nut on the truss-rod, but this is easily sorted out. Sounds great and feels lovely but as i say the neck needs a bit of sorting out. This is why im asking for £150 rather than any higher. Would preferably like someone to pick up as it would be alot to post but if postage is required then will do this at extra cost. I live in Caldicot, South Wales, just over the otherside of the severn bridge. Thanks!
Chris
[attachment=73193:IMG20110221_001.jpg]
[attachment=73194:IMG20110221_002.jpg]
[attachment=73195:IMG20110221_003.jpg]
[attachment=73196:IMG20110221_004.jpg]
[attachment=73197:IMG20110221_005.jpg]

Edited by TheDisparities

[quote name='TheDisparities' post='1135410' date='Feb 21 2011, 01:17 PM']Im deciding to sell my bass as my band has split up and wont be playing on it much anymore. Its a natural jazz bass with a couple of modifications, the standard issue pickups being taken out for some active EMG's and the squier logo being replaced by a fender one. The bass is in fantastic condition apart from cross threading of the nut on the truss-rod, but this is easily sorted out. Sounds great and feels lovely but as i say the neck needs a bit of sorting out. This is why im asking for £225 rather than any higher. Would preferably like someone to pick up as it would be alot to post but if postage is required then will do this at extra cost. I live in Caldicot, South Wales, just over the otherside of the severn bridge. PM me with your email address if interested and i will email you some pictures. Thanks!
Chris[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------
The cross threading could be a major problem if you have stripped the threads on the truss rod --How did it get damaged?

[quote name='2x18' post='1135415' date='Feb 21 2011, 01:21 PM']---------------------------------------------------------
The cross threading could be a major problem if you have stripped the threads on the truss rod --How did it get damaged?[/quote]
To be honest i havent a clue. When i bought it the neck was bent. When i tried to tighten the rod it wouldnt budge so this tends to suggest that the threads are still intact and not worn.

Edited by TheDisparities

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1140478' date='Feb 24 2011, 09:26 PM']You can upload them to photobucket and then take the IMG Code to paste on the thread or the other way to do it is to attach the image to the post by finding the image and clicking upload on the manage attachments section.

Hope this kinda helps...[/quote]
Yeah done it. Thanks mate!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1173613' date='Mar 23 2011, 06:09 PM']I,m surprised this is still here! Especially at that price! :) I wonder if the cross threading of the nut on the truss-rod is putting people off?[/quote]
I would think so yes mate, thats why the price is so low too. Just to add i can take it to repair at an extra cost (just what the shop charge). Plus id prefer to say that somethings wrong rather than have someone complain once theyve bought it.

Hi can you tell me a bit more about the truss rod? is the neck straight? if the truss rod isnt messed around with is the bass ok? Im new to bass but play guitar let me know

Ben
:)

[quote name='TheDisparities' post='1135410' date='Feb 21 2011, 02:17 PM']Im deciding to sell my bass as my band has split up and wont be playing on it much anymore. Its a natural jazz bass with a couple of modifications, the standard issue pickups being taken out for some active EMG's and the squier logo being replaced by a fender one. The bass is in fantastic condition apart from cross threading of the nut on the truss-rod, but this is easily sorted out. Sounds great and feels lovely but as i say the neck needs a bit of sorting out. This is why im asking for £150 rather than any higher. Would preferably like someone to pick up as it would be alot to post but if postage is required then will do this at extra cost. I live in Caldicot, South Wales, just over the otherside of the severn bridge. Thanks!
Chris
[attachment=73193:IMG20110221_001.jpg]
[attachment=73194:IMG20110221_002.jpg]
[attachment=73195:IMG20110221_003.jpg]
[attachment=73196:IMG20110221_004.jpg]
[attachment=73197:IMG20110221_005.jpg][/quote]

[quote name='Ben_55' post='1179455' date='Mar 28 2011, 01:33 PM']Hi can you tell me a bit more about the truss rod? is the neck straight? if the truss rod isnt messed around with is the bass ok? Im new to bass but play guitar let me know

Ben
:)[/quote]
Hi Ben,
The neck isnt straight which is the main downer on the bass. This raises action by a bit and means its not as nice to play as a straight necked bass. The pickups in it are lovely and sounds terrific when plugged into a good system. The body is brilliant too and no neck dive when playing. Im going into cardiff on the weekend so will get it fixed if thats ok with people? Cheers,
Chris

Is it possible to get the truss rod out, or at least get access to enough of it so someone could put a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_and_die"]die [/url]over it to re thread the nut ? If the answer is yes then it would be an easy fix.

[center][b]or......[/b][/center]
Maybe [i][url="http://www.stewmac.com/tsarchive/ts0083.html"]this page [/url][/i]from Stewart macdonald will help. Good luck i hope it can be fixed by you as you will get a better price for it and it looks to have some nice pups on it.

Edited by daz